Ibrahima Konate (CB) RB Leipzig

2 Likes

Looks like it’s very very close. A Tweet from Fabrizio Romano

"Ibrahima Konaté has a total agreement on personal terms with Liverpool until June 2026, as announced last April. :red_circle: #LFC

The board is working to complete the signing from RB Leipzig in the next weeks - the release clause is available. :fr: #Liverpool

‘Here we go’ expected soon :hourglass:"

When all the “medicals” talk surfaced I was starting to get Fekir vibes! :joy:

All joking aside, sounds like it is close and would explain him not playing. As mentioned earlier, as not to jeopardize the cash coming in. Maybe that’s the same reason we aren’t playing Ox and Naby. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

And possibly a thought for another threads, but it is interesting we haven’t heard anything about going back in for Caleta-Car.

1 Like

I don’t believe the above story about Leipzig trying to ‘scupper’ our plans to sign him. They’ve barely played him for months, why would they suddenly not accept 30-40 million for him?

Either they don’t rate him too highly, have concerns about his fitness or are keeping him healthy for a transfer.

2 Likes

Romano looks like he’s reporting the same news 10 times now, just repeating himself, slightly changing the content each time and showing it like it’s breaking news.

:joy:

2 Likes

Sounds like they offered him a contract or will try to tempt him, I assume it’s just a last attempt to keep him. Unsure what to think about this, saying that Jota didn’t play all the time for Wolves and he seems to have hit the ground running.

I guess we will see.

1 Like

Or an attempt to look like they’re trying to keep him instead of letting the vultures pick off their best players unchallenged.

Especially good time for a story like that to come out, just after you’ve been hammered in a cup final. Little bit of distraction tactics.

5 Likes
1 Like

Only a matter of time before some eejit updates his Wikipedia page to Liverpool player.

5 Likes

Konate-copter incoming or too soon for that?

1 Like

Konacopter, surely? :thinking:

3 Likes

Surely only a matter of time before transfer fees directly linked to how many Insta followers a player has

1 Like

Our fans would fuck it up for us, they all flock to linked players and new players and start following!

5 Likes

On the contrary, I feel we might benefit in deals like Fab and Robbo which are usually kept under wrap and the fact our players are not as crazy about social media as the Pogbas and Lingards of the world.

2 Likes

Our fans would be after the next Nat Phillips :smiley:.

1 Like

I’m on it!

2 Likes

Why is he always on the bench?

1 Like

ILLOK touched on it above

either not rated, injured or, as expected by myself, a mixture of the club playing players for next season and being protected for a sale.

if its the later, its kinda pretty good news as he’ll be well and truely rested/ free from fatigue for August 2021

2 Likes

Kinda worries me if he can’t get into that Leipzig team…

Maybe the club know his time is up and are giving their remaining CBs a go in the last few games?

1 Like