Ibrahima Konate (CB) RB Leipzig

2 Likes

Sounds like we may have agreed to pay up to a total amount which is more than his release clause on the basis it will be payable in instalments and contain contingencies/variables.

5 Likes
4 Likes

This is phenomenal. Really excited about this transfer.

1 Like

I have been reading this same line for some weeks now. :rofl:

4 Likes

His private jet has been tracked to Liverpool John Lennon Airport.

1 Like

Fucking yes, the summer is officially started…

1 Like

A double announcement would be nice.

Fan accounts are starting to talk up a move for Bissouma…

1 Like

Konate coming
Keita leaving

:thinking:

7 Likes

Triple announcement en francais

Konaté, Bissouma, Mbappe

7 Likes

Probably already posted but https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1396879707895910400?s=21

Interesting to see if we do our business quickly.

With the Euros we will likely buy one or two before and then finish any deals off post the tournament.

Suppose they’ve done the Klopp comments already, let the bloke have his holiday.

3 Likes

Completely unimpressed until he can get through 5 full games without injury.

At least he can speak French with Mbappe while they perfect scouse.

4 Likes

Have some faith and let yourself be excited.

Now more than ever, the club will be extra judicious with the outgoing money on transfers. If they’re bringing Konate in for £30M that tells me The Boss really wants him and that they feel good about his health.

EDIT: add to that he’s the first piece of business the club does this summer and clearly he was a priority.

Wonderful news.

6 Likes

Cant say I ever remember seeing him play so I’ll await to see what he is like.

However it is business in an area we needed to do.

5 Likes

Personally I thought it was a mistake to let Lovren go without a replacement based just on the history of Gomez and Lovren so i’m delighted we’re sorting out that out now.

Don’t know much about the player but he seems highly rated when he’s not injured.

1 Like

There is an idea around Lovren that he would have slotted in this season when the three other centre backs got injured. I doubt this. He had a terrible absence record, and history shows that in previous seasons, when we needed our fourth choice centre back, he frequently wasn’t available.

He had also wanted to go for more than 12 months and Klopp will not hold a player like that.

If there was a mistake, it was not replacing him.

7 Likes

Well he played 21 games but yeah missed the last month of the season with an injury

Hence why I said without a replacement

2 Likes