Jordan Henderson (CM) to Al-Ettifaq

I wasn’t disagreeing with you.

2 Likes

Clearly doesn’t want to be there anymore.

1 Like

From This is Anfield:

Understandable given the circumstances, Jordan Henderson has been kept well away from the cameras amid uncertainty over his future.

The captain has agreed terms with Steven Gerrard’s Al-Ettifaq, but unlike Fabinho who is also Middle East-bound, Henderson has made the trip to Germany despite the recent stories.

Whether the 33-year-old sees out the squad’s stay in camp remains to be seen, with the Saudi side’s chances of stumping up a sufficient transfer fee looking slim.

The other players can’t even look at him. :cry:

I think him not travelling would have sent the wrong signals to Al-Ettifaq, who clearly are not taking us seriously in negotiations.

1 Like

The Saudis being skint was a twist I wasn’t ready for.

7 Likes

And worst, all the other players boycotted the group picture.

1 Like

He’s not smiling as much as the others. Probably thinking ‘Oh god, what have I done?’

I am not sure whether they can pay the wages going by this saga. Except for two clubs - one which signed Ronaldo and the other who paid transfer fees for Neves, etc the rest arent that wealthy. Players need to be careful.

1 Like

VVD: “yes! Now I be captain”

Really think the club need to put a deadline on this of tomorrow night.
If nothing then deal is off and we can move on to get in Fabs replacement.

3 Likes

We need to be sure Fabinho is going first. :blush:

Just was going through the Saudi clubs. Think Fab deal will might go through. Al-Ittihad had spent like 30 million Euros on Jota from Celtic. Benzema and Kante were free. They were the Champions least season in the Saudi League. Think the one club which has spent big is Al-Hilal. They have spent like 55 million Euros on Neves, 42 million on Savic and 23 million on Koulibaly. Gerrard’s club hasnt spent any money on transfers - atleast not from big leagues. So i dont think Hendo’s transfer might go through unless they want to show some real might and they had finished 7th in the league last season.

https://twitter.com/JoshLFC1909/status/1680883091076796417?s=20

wow…is he reliable mate??

Doesn’t seem like, he doesn’t have a clue and says so.^^

he is quoting a Saudi Journo so no idea if Saudi bloke is reliable.

“it’s important to get it out as it could be (reliable)”

No, it’s important to make sure it’s reliable before putting it out.

4 Likes

You don’t win points for making sure your information isn’t a steaming turd. You win points by being first.

1 Like

Sadly true. It’s not important for the story… it’s important for him.

4 Likes