Jordan Henderson (CM) to Al-Ettifaq

It’s one thing to be tempted by a £700k a week offer. It’s another to then be compromising on that offer to ensure the move goes ahead.

I bow to your superior knowledge of turd racing :wink:

1 Like

But this kind of makes sense. Say for eg. 700 grand a week is true it comes to 36.5 million a year without taxes. 500k a week will free up 10 million for the transfer and guess the club will add another 10 million if they match the 20 million pound deal.

If he is sacrificing £10m of the £35m/yr wage deal to push the deal through, that’s a fairly significant chunk to cut off considering he would be making the move only for money while also tarnishing his reputation, displaying that his morals do have a price. Add to that it would seem a strange move to be encouraging the club that seems incapable of affording what it is offering -no club should be offering £700k/wk to a player that they are too skint to provide a transfer fee for, unless they are called Barcelona.

It all smells like a load of bullshit to me personally.

9 Likes

Smells more like camel shit to me.

4 Likes

How does the PIF financing work? seems some clubs are PIF supported (thus have money to spend), whiile some are not (like the club trying to sign hendo).

I find it hard to see that the club has offered a £35m/yr wage but can’t afford a transfer fee. Maybe they were under the impression that Liverpool wanted rid of Hendo at any cost? Maybe they can’t afford a thing and wanted to make a big noise but with Liverpool looking like the stumbling block?

1 Like

But if you see the club details its owned by the Kingdom i guess. The owner is “Ministry of Sports”.

Full name Al-Ettifaq Football Club
|Founded|1945; 78 years ago|
|Ground|[Prince Mohamed bin Fahd Stadium]
|Capacity|26,000|
|Owner| Ministry of Sports|
|Chairman|Khalid Al-Dabal|

Pretty sure that’s geographicalist.

the whole thing is confusing…so why do some teams get the money and some do not

1 Like

You mean a Saudi Govt mouth-piece? Pretty sure they don’t have free press there.

3 Likes

Yeah they don’t seem to like independent journalists.

5 Likes

Al Nassar just got hit with a transfer ban until they clear their debts with other clubs.

One example was with Leicester that goes back to 2018.

1 Like

They do: In parts.

2 Likes

Hendo seemed very quite in the latest inside training video

If his salary there was tax free he could afford to take a pay cut and still be on more than here, but I’d be surprised if we went unless he was getting more than he’s on now. Unless, it’s a long contract there?

Channelling my inner @cynicaloldgit, quite what?

2 Likes

Even if he takes a paycut of 400k per week for the first year , that will be enough to pay the club 20m and he’ll still earn more than twice what he’s earning at Liverpool considering the tax that he pays here and the no tax he pays there.

The U2 of football? Hope this is all nonsense.

The thing is that I wouldn’t on principle take a job in/for Saudi Arabia for twice what I am earning, and my earning twice what I do now would be far more transformative for me and my family than Henderson earning twice his current earnings.

6 Likes