Jordan Henderson (CM) to Al-Ettifaq

People can’t make this up right. Lol .

jobless fucks looking at flight trackers , are some people actively wanting our captain out ?

What are you doing Jordan you silly boy?

It’s the Internet. It’s all made up, until it isn’t.

I think there will be a lot happening in the next few days. I’m sure the club, i.e. Klopp, don’t want to get too far into pre-season training with so many transfer issues unresolved.

It’s funny to me that people genuinely think we need two 50m players to replace Henderson and Fabinho.

Both of these players were obviously told they are not seen as the first choice midfielders this coming season. We need one more guy in when Fabinho leaves, and that guy will be a young back up midfielder.

4 Likes

Daily mail reporting this too :joy: …but down the bottom of the article about Chelsea doing the same previously and kind of makes out it’s feasible to presume :joy::joy:

Jorg collecting all the Midfielders :joy:

I know it seems absurd, but unless that flight tracker thing really is just made up bollocks, which is quite possible, then who would have a flight plan like that?

It seems that we’re reaching peak window madness and all things will probably be resolved one way or the other this week.

The flight tracker thing is probably accurate ( remember Elon banned that kid who tracked his plane after he refused a new Tesla to stop tracking him)…it’s just the theory of Liverpool fans as to why this plane is flying to these places …it’s nice to see we have upgraded from the babbelcopter and are flying exclusive planes around Europe nowadays :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Wasn’t this where we were at before news of the Henderson and Fabinho deals arose? Surely we were planning for the season with these two as part of the squad and not just to sit on the bench just in case.

If we’re only buying a young back up type player who is our defensive orientated midfielder for the big games and who is playing alongside him?

Mac, Szobo, Thiago, Jones, Elliott, Bajcetic and another youngster seems light to me. I was sceptical of Lavia before Fabinho looked like leaving because of his impact on Bajcetic but with Fabinho and Henderson gone surely we need more than Stefab plus another youngster to rely on to be the anchor in the midfield.

1 Like

No but might need a second next year when all three of Fab, Hendo and Thiago are gone.

I don’t think we were going to buy another midfielder unless Fabinho or Henderson left.

We won’t have a defence orientated midfielder, in my opinion, we will have Mac Allister and Trent occupy the deep areas with Jones and Szobo ahead. All of them will have defensive responsibilities, with a major focus being winning the back as quickly as possible.

4 Likes

I just can’t see MacAllister and Trent being good enough defensively for us to be challenging. Great footballing side but not sure what happens in the Man Utd/Arsenal/City games when we need these more defensive inclined players.

1 Like

We might need to go in for 2 midfielders actually if both Fabinho and Henderson leave. Thiago even if he stays is going to play 20-25 PL matches at best the whole season.

I don’t think we can rely on the current lot + Lavia* + Morton (standby) , It will still be lacking depth. It’s not even the question of money , The payment terms can be staggered or as in buy out clauses (use external funding sources).

2 midfielders (Lavia + hopefully someone a bit more experienced) + LCB.

1 Like

Also experience matters in games vs City when the fuckers do snide fouls all day long and the ref gives them a freekick when they cheaters dive as well. Same goes with Arsenal under Arteta

Yeah, this is where I’m at. We’d be great in possession but really soft in the centre, would feel a lot more comfortable with a more defensively minded player in the mix somewhere.

I’d be very surprised if we’d bought Mac with the intention of playing him that deep.

3 Likes

Cause for concern if you overthink it perhaps, whichever system/midfield we opt for I think the key will be discipline especially if we’re not playing with a natural DM. We have a very explosive front 3 as it is so I don’t see a Liverpool side where Trent/Mac/Szobo & lets say Jones for the time being are so far forward. As long as we’re quick back in transition from offence to defence and close off any gaps in front of the back 3 we’ll be fine.

2 Likes

We also have to realize that even if pressing and counter pressing is our main idea, that is not the only phase of defending. We cannot win the ball all the time high up the pitch and in the opponent’s half. No matter how bad we want it and how good we are at it. So, first we really do have to revive our pressing principles. Starting from the attack, onto the midfield, defence pushing up. Then, we have to see what’s our balance, mainly in midfield like, when we don’t remain in the 3-2-4-1 structure but reshuffle back to more of a 4-3-3.

2 Likes

I don’t see us playing Mac as that central more shielding type of midfielder. It’s really not where he’s excelled for us and surely wasn’t bought with that in mind.

Also Trent might be stepping into midfield more when we’re attacking but that’s exactly why we need a more defensive type actually in a midfield role. Help cover the right side area during transitions and allow him to actually play as high up as he does go.

Given one of our issue last season was being overrun in the transition and how exposed Fabinho was at times I’d be stunned if we didn’t have a more defensive minded midfielder in there to provide that cover when the press gets beaten. We’d clearly planned to go into the season with Fabinho involved and even after the tactical shift last season he was playing most games.

1 Like