Jordan Henderson (CM) to Al-Ettifaq

Im sure we can let Henderson and Phillips go and still be ok if we keep Jaros here.

As is being discussed in another thread, not filling your HG slots isn’t a problem- you don’t lose non-HG slots because of it. Keeping a player like Phillips just to make sure we have the maximum 25 players registered is a bit pointless when we don’t ever actually want Phillips to play.

6 Likes

And very unfair on the kid

you think Phillips is suffering right now? He’s on £65k/week. Where else do you think he’s going to get that?

Another reason to get rid

2 Likes

‘Wee’ Joe is probably about 60 years old hehehe, unfair on the 25 year old ‘kid’.

should probably put this conversation in the appropriate thread re: Phillips.

weird…it’s been 6 days now since this “rumor” that Henderson was free to leave LFC, yet he’s still at camp.

1 Like

Yeah that is pretty suspicious, most high profile football transfers are usually concluded within a week of the first reported interest. :thinking:

Because of the heat they work at a different pace in SA … :sunglasses:

FIFY

1 Like

Tbf, Hendo needs this wrapped up. Loosing out on some serious $$$ every day this is delayed.

Bored Come On GIF by Liverpool FC

He’ll be in the queue at the nearest food bank soon.

1 Like

Obviously not suffering but I’m sure he’d like to have a professional football career that involves playing every week

1 Like

Does anyone really believe we’re paying him £65k a week. Don’t think a figure was ever reported by anyone semi-reputable. Some website has had a guess and everyone else cites that as the source for the figure.

One extra word in the sentence.

have seen two numbers quoted. 64615/wk, and 24000/wk. exp Jun 30 2025

What’s £40k a week between friends.

being honest, when you questioned it I started looking deeper into it. first 5-6 results showed him at the higher number. bottom of first page of search results showed a lower rate. I usually reference spotrac as they seem fairly consistent. TIA also referenced his salary at 65k/wk.

I’d say 65k is about right, that’s wages for you in 2023 now for your squad fillers (who aren’t teenagers).

If first team salaries are £100k+ then I would be willing to believe Philips is on a salary of £65k…