Jordan Henderson (CM) to Al-Ettifaq

Wages?

The biggest impact Henderson had on a game last season was when he headed away Trent’s certain free kick goal.

Think we’ll be fine without that going into next year.

2 Likes

I share in that concern, certainly. Particularly with Hendo, Bobby, and Milly - three players who had an immeasurable impact on the culture of the club.

Fortunately, Salah, Van Dijk, Robbo, and Dom are captains of their respective national teams and should have no problem helping to set the standards here. Not to mention Klopp.

1 Like

That point will have been valid in pre season of 21/22. Two years later and I’m of the opinion that the experience that Henderson and Fabinho isn’t making up for the lack of mobility and ability on the pitch. We were miles off the pace last season with them and coughed up CL to Newcastle and United. This season would simply exacerbate the affect their decline has had on us. It was needed and as I said before, no way these deals came out of nowhere if they hadn’t had an indication by the Club management team that they wouldn’t be all that much involved.

We’ve made two cracking signings in midfield, Trent proved a revelation when he transitioned while Jones was not all that far behind when he came in. A signing like Lavia, raw though he may be, means a midfield as athletic as last year’s was lethargic. I’m all for it, not sure why such gloom prevails.

1 Like

Wages and camel racing.

Maybe the players will be happy to see the likes of Henderson, Fabinho and Milner leave?

Presumably they all want to win. It’s no fun doing the work of players who aren’t good enough to be on the same pitch as you.

I doubt Trent is too upset with the idea of playing next to younger, better players.

1 Like

£12m :exploding_head:. We miss Michel Edwards :sob:

I don’t think Milner put a foot wrong last season.

As for Fabinho I believe one of the more reliable ones did say we would be open to selling him.

1 Like

Nah we have Jorg the Borg doing the job

Star Trek Borg GIF

1 Like

£52m for the pair of them is great business.

3 Likes

You have forgotten Mikey :pleading_face:

Has it been confirmed…and if yes…then perhaps the Trent move was the start of the thought process to leave…

Been a great captain during the glory years of my time as a fan (to young in the 80s to properly appreciate it).
Have lost all respect for him now.

Chunky chin n chunky tum…twinnies…

Has he been eating Alisson’s kebabs

All the mad nutters across Facebook and Twitter are blaming FSG for selling Fab and Hendo out from under Klopps nose after moaning they need selling for a year.c

3 Likes

I thought they’d be banging on about net spend.

the hipocrasy is like a screaming child.

2 Likes

The club shouldn’t be acknowledging Gerrard for a while for this. Not only does he go and sign for the $$$ but to force Liverpool into letting their captain go when that’s vital this season is unpardonable.

They can acknowledge him etc after he comes back to Liverpool after his stint. But no way do they let him get close to the players.