Jordan Henderson (CM) to Al-Ettifaq

12 million is what he’s worth, happy he’s gone as he was well past it at the top level and he knew it. Wish him nothing but the best. Line drawn, rear view mirror, chapter closed, we roll on. Bigger and better things on the horizon.

I’ve said it multiple times: The Greed of Man. Money is never enough.

You can’t take the greed out of man and you can’t take the man out of greed.

Watch back on the videos from Milner’s farewell. He had a huge impact on young players. I’m sure Hendo also. They set the standard.

That said, I agree with other posters that we still have plenty of experience and leadership in the squad

1 Like

Huh?

If its a done deal…can the real Jordan Henderson stand up and make a statement…would be the decent thing to do…

2 Likes

Just going to be usual shit tbh, want to thank everyone, had a great experience with the club etc and thank the fans for their tremendous support…and I’m really looking forward to the exciting opportunity to working with Stevie in Saudi Arabia and the project we will be working on …

Usual platitudes spouted no doubt

4 Likes

Good-bye Hugo, you made us dream and you made our dreams real. It can’t be understated how important he was for us. Good luck and may the camels be worth the hypocrisy and the sunburn. I’d leave the rainbow laces at home though.

1 Like

I think this was an unexpected situation to get a fee for a player who was on the wrong side of the hill, that was very poor last season and is on huge wages. I wonder what the add ons are to bring the fee up, CL qualification :wink:

Same for Fabinho. To get 40m for him when the majority of the fans wanted them both replaced. Should be at least one more coming in for midfield.

Midfield revolution taking place and it’s players us fans wanted out of the team (majority of fans based on last season)

Ben Jacobs

@JacobsBen

Al-Ettifaq set to sign Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson after agreeing an initial £12m fee (first reported by @FabrizioRomano](https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano) Adds-on take the package closer to #LFC’s valuation. Also worth pointing out the payment terms are very favourable to Liverpool

Any more conspiracy theories that this is not happening?

I wanted £15m, so it’s probably close to that. Didn’t expect £20-30m.

The problem is that we are left high and dry. All the potential selling clubs will be ratcheting up the prices of their players.
Gerrard and Henderson are supposed to be club legends and could surely have easily delayed the whole thing until we had a replacement in place, but they appear to have acted in their own self interest and to the detriment of the club.

2 Likes

Jordan Henderson will spend the next few days with his young family deliberating what to do. Nothing is decided.
@DominicKing_DM](https://twitter.com/DominicKing_DM)

Okay, WTAF!!!

Probably. But everyone knew going into preseason what we needed and we’ve got 2 top class midfielders for a decent price. No reason to think we can’t do it again.

2 Likes

They are now offering 700 quid a week.

‘…Saudi Pro League is a top league, cos Benzema and Bobby are here. I’m here for the football and to challenge for major honours. As Robbie Fowler says, you’re all hypocrites, and it’s all about the football. YNWA, Jordan :heart:

That will impress Jordan as your eye for talent isn’t that impressive … does Gakpo come to mind :kissing_heart:

1 Like

well thats bollocks.
if he didnt want to go then he would say to the saudis not to bother to bid.

2 Likes

I don’t think they’ll go…he’ll miss his dad, Rebecca doesn’t like the publicity…and I don’t think the kids wiil like it…no freedom to live as they do now…we shall see…whenever…

they had all this time to decide…i mean seriously!

1 Like

With that kind of money there are a lot of ways of getting around restrictions.