Jordan Henderson (CM) to Al-Ettifaq

if this is true, its BS on his part… we need to move on and make moves…draft in new players so they get used to the system etc

1 Like

Not sad to see him go. His best days are behind him and we need to rebuild. Despite all his fine words about freedoms and rights, he’s shown himself to be just the same as any modern day footballer, or indeed just any footballer, and that is someone whose main consideration is money regardless of principles.

Anyway, I thank him for all that he did for the club and the team.

Just seen @jabu post. If he were to say no now, then if I were Klopp I’d send him home from the training camp.

2 Likes

If players set the standard, the manager and his team have to go. It’s their job to get everyone up to the club’s expected levels.

how do you know we dont have somebody else lined up?

we might need the Hendo deal to be confirmed before anouncing anything

1 Like

It’s all going to depend on who comes in now.
If we end up spending 50m on K. Phillips there may be some disquiet.

1 Like

We’ll see, it’s all conjecture, but there is no sign of it.

#KloppOut

1 Like

And those players will know they’ve got a serious chance of starting for a club with aspirations of a title challenge. Palace/Southampton/Monaco/Whoever can say what they want publicly but they also don’t want an arsey player kicking around the squad. They also probably wouldn’t mind some Saudi trickle down economics coming their way too.

It’s not like Southampton will now add £20m to the £50m they’ve been valuing Lavia at. Clubs don’t work like that because you know what happens next time they come to take a Minamimo on loan? We tell them to get fucked.

Szoboszlai and Mac Allister are both threats to Henderson’s playing time here and probable replacements for him long term. The club acted in their best interests even though that may have put Henderson’s nose out of joint.

It’s football, everyone is selfish and so if he wants to go then fine. We’ll be fine too and I’m betting we’ll enjoy the next few years more than he will despite his new salary.

They might not be as upset about that as you think :wink:

1 Like

Obviously the coaching team lead this, but at every level of team sport you need experience in the dressing room. To lead by example, to model professionalism in training, to give the young bucks a bollocking when required, or an arm round the shoulder when fans are giving them a hard time, to welcome new recruits etc etc.

Like I said above, I think we still have this so not worth arguing over

Again: all down to the management team.

It wasn’t an argument (in the modern meaning of the word), anyway; just a difference of opinion. :sunglasses:

His replacement is already purchased.

If Henderson was setting the standards that explains our results last season.

1 Like

Then you have to say the same about the 5 years previous

Thank you Jordan. Wish you all the best

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say it at all tbh, he’s just one of many players in the squad. One of the worst now, hence why he should go.

2 Likes

No, he was the captain of the squad.

I understand and agree with the disgust around the Saudi move, but this is ridiculous revisionism

2 Likes

If Klopp thinks Phillips is the best solution the fans can bitch and whine all they want.

How do we still do this?

What sign was there of Dom before we were 24 hours from signing him?

2 Likes

I don’t even know what you mean by that.

It’s silly to suggest one or two individuals are responsible for setting the standard. If I was pushed to pick one though, Salah stands out as the obvious candidate. Hardest worker, toughest childhood, most ability.

I’m not writing off everything Henderson has done for the club, but the way he’s spoken about on here it’s as if he was the most important player. He never was, and was never close either.

2 Likes