Jordan Henderson (CM) to Al-Ettifaq

Football being exposed as the shitshow that is? Love it.

Mason Greenwood probably incoming as well.

maybe its stevies master plan to get us more funds for mbappe

2 Likes

Henderson hasn’t been guaranteed a place for 2 or 3 years.
Probably the most substituted club captain out of all the big Premier League clubs

1 Like

Jabu obviously loves this thread. Never seen anyone post as many times in one thread.

Alison Brie What GIF

1 Like

its 6pm here, nothing to do lol… quiet enjoying it to be fair… and its not so busy on the forum as well…
jus sad i will be asleep when the folks across the pond wake up to the news

1 Like

Upfront it seems that Hendo took the first move but I would think it was the club who received the first contact from Gerrard or the SA club and the club informed Hendo that they are willing to do business and that will definitely send a message to Hendo about what the club thinks of his role in the squad now if the club was willing to listen to bids. I would think that is the sequence of events. It would all seem disconnected if Hendo wanted to speak to Klopp just because he heard rumours from the internet that SA is interested in him.

Henderson doesn’t have a monopoly on leadership, other people can and will show it in his absence. Absolutely no problems there if he does leave. The club can and probably should move on from him if he can be replaced by a younger and better player.

Shame he’s looking at Saudi Arabia of course.

2 Likes

It’s been long overdue and what pretty much everyone was calling for the last 12 months.

1 Like

I just worry its create bad mood for others. Their captains quit the game, Vvd, Salah, Roberson… maybe start to think about it.

On a lighter note, If only the Saudi league had kicked off last season we could have got 30 million each for Ox and Keita. Think the tranfer fee for Hendo will be close to 30 million pounds minimum.

Whenever Salah decides to go in couple of years, his wages will be on par with Ronaldo. He is so big there. We need to make sure to get atleast say 150 million when that happens.

1 Like

Dr Evil Austin Powers GIF - Dr Evil Austin Powers Mike Myers GIFs|833x468.3534136546185

Shit; the poor lad must be living hand to mouth.

1 Like

When I saw a new thread, I thought another player is being linked to us. :expressionless:

Yes, I think he has someone come round and feed him.

I shouldn’t be feeling this ambivalent… But I do. I have so much love and respect for Hendo, I have so much time for good people who fight adversity and succeed in that fight. That said, I don’t think he’ll listen to this offer just because it’s outrageous but because he’ll be told that he isn’t the lynchpin of the side that he used to be.

This will be one of Klopp’s biggest calls during his time here. If I could choose, I’d rather it be Alcantara and/or Fabinho but Henderson is getting on and club need to show the ruthlessness they probably didn’t/couldn’t show with players like Keita or AOC. Financially speaking, if club get his wages off the bill and get a tidy transfer sum for him, it will make sense for everyone involved.

People moan lfc are not very good at selling players and let the good ones let their contract run down and leave for free or poor fee (bar phil).
This is a good deal for everyone.
£25-£30m fee for 33 year old, jordan leaves a legend and quadruples his wages.

Another point to take into account is, he may actually still want to play football but knows he’ll be spending massive amounts of time on the bench. Why wouldn’t he want to finish his career still being a valued player, not a bit part, league cup run squad player.

Yes it’s the opportunity to play football in a desert with players he’s mostly never heard of that is tempting him.

The £700k a week is just a nice coincidence.

1 Like