Jordan Henderson (CM) to Al-Ettifaq

Who is club captain if we lose C and VC? I know it’s been Virg but he seems quite a moan on the pitch. think I’d give it to Robbo

I still see Henderson starting against Chelsea with Mac and Fabinho in midfield. :grinning:

1 Like

Jordan Henderson leaning towards Saudi move -

@David_Ornstein

1 Like

Dominc King said they’ve offered him 700k a week

yep… was trying to post the link

when the story came out earlier that he was staying to better his international team chances, I had my doubts because he would have limited game time within a healthy team, but i didnt wanna argue with anyone. some people believe hendo wants guarantees from klopp on that game (true or false) time which i dont think klopp can give him…

I said earlier one of thiago or hendo would have to go for us to go for Lavia.
I was hoping it was Thiago who would be moving on but i guess Hendo will bring us more revenue as 2 years on deal.

1 Like

If Hendo goes… Think Jurgen will go full throttle to land Tchouameni - Even it means landing him in January

1 Like

If Hendo is to go, then all the best to him. He has been a total professional throughout his LFC career and will always be remembered. Time moves on for everyone.

9 Likes

Totally agree. Further, the Athletic link above says they will quadruple his salary. As important as he is to the club, I hope we are not contemplating a wage increase or extension of contract. Will need to move on I feel.

Yup. Good luck to him. Not sure what others think but he is the most successful captain in Premier League Era!!

I have a feeling if Hendo goes Thiago will follow him. Just not sure whether it’s going to be this season or on a free the next season.

1 Like

FIFY

3 Likes

The entire world played for 4 years to go to Qatar, so I don’t think football holds the moral high ground. However, I say good luck to Hendo, his decision and he will be remembered fondly at Anfield.

4 Likes

Some people feel the need to remind us of their mercenary status at any given opportunity.

If it’s true he’s been offered £700,000 a week, which will be tax free, he’s going.

1 Like

A full list of my thoughts waking up to this news this morning:

• the money better be good. No dicking around with £20/£25 million, has to be at least £40mill surely to part with our captain this summer after losing our vice captain.

• I wonder if we’d have done any business differently had we known upfront. A more experienced player like Barella instead of big Dom as an example off the top of my head.

• This would hurt my opinion of the man, not taking the money or leaving I’m fine with that, but the fact he’s continuously made a big deal of his social conscience (admirably) particularly with rainbow laces and LGBTQ rights, to go there would make me think of him as a bit of a hypocrite and a fraud, personally, if I’m honest.

• Despite what others have said there is no one else left in that squad with the sort of leadership Henderson and Milner had. Nobody currently in the squad would bollock Virg for example. Even Mane was closer than anyone currently in the side. Robbo is a joker, Big Dom is brand new, Salah is laid back as they come and I’ve literally never seen him interact with any aggression or tactical insight with anyone not called Sadio Mane or Harvey Elliot. Trent could be that guy but off the back off a pretty poor season and playing in a brand new position he shouldn’t be expected to.

• Colwell and Lavia would be real useful for homegrown purposes.

• Pavard might make more sense than he used to. An experienced head, experienced in winning.

All a madness isn’t it.

7 Likes

Some posters seem happy to take the Saudi money for him. I do wonder if any have previously condemned Newcastle for taking the same money? Just asking.

I never had much respect for Gerrard as a person (Fowler ditto). His dodgy connections over the years are well known here on Merseyside. Wasn’t surprised he or Fowler went. Disappointed in Firmino but naively I expected much better of this guy. Maybe he will have second thoughts but somehow I doubt it. If he goes, then for me his reputation is somewhat tainted.

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly.

I’m far too old to have heroes, but I have always admired Henderson as a fine, upstanding character. Taking Saudi blood money, when he’s already earning in a week what a worker on the national living wage would take almost ten years to earn, would change that.

8 Likes