Jordan Henderson (CM) to Al-Ettifaq

Maybe deals have been done but we don’t want to complete until the outgoings are sorted?

5 Likes

Maybe due to the world economic situation we don’t have money to spare. Not a lot of teams loading up with players.

I reckon we are waiting for them to strip us of our older players and then we sign new talent to replace them as per standard…

But then launch a 20 quid raid for all their Arabian players leaving them fucked at the last minute of the Saudi league start

1 Like

Don’t know if anyone has picked up on Klopp’s comments but have to love how he responds .

“There’s actually nothing to say.

“As long as things are not really finally decided, we don’t have to talk about it. There will be a moment where we probably have to talk about it, but it’s not now.

“I don’t know that anything is decided, which means nothing to say in the moment. But that’s even better for you because you can speculate, which is much more fun! If I say something then it’s finished.”

10 Likes

Basically: he’s off; we’re just waiting for official confirmation.

6 Likes

That’s a really long winded way of saying “No comment”. I’m sure that there is a terrifyingly long German compound word for that as well.

4 Likes

And if the moves don’t happen we have an extra body or two in the squad we were not planning on having. It’s quite likely we have other deals lined up but will only confirm them or move to completion once Hendo and Fabinho are confimed as leaving.

2 Likes

We needed 3 minimum after a lot of midfielders left (Milner, Keita, Ox, Melo) though but I think the plan was to stop at 2 and now they need another one or two.

I don’t see how this summer is that comparable to last. It’s clear now that the club were planning a midfield rebuild this summer as a priority unlike last year where it was a nice to do if the right opportunity arises situation while waiting for a possible move for Bellingham.

Lessons will have been learned from any mistakes identified last season.

4 Likes

Not sure that is correct. Two were needed. We were carrying more midfielders than we should have been due to the injury record of several of them. A third was apparently to have been considered after a defender was brought in but is now much more likely (and now possibly a fourth) with Hendo and Fabinho moving on.

4 Likes

Not sure about German, but in Russia it is called Getfukkdski :rofl:

2 Likes

I like the way he’s almost winding them up about they can say what they want as for them it’s fun​:joy::joy::joy: but then drops the part of him putting an end to whatever they make up by his word being final …class, pure joy to basically have a manager call them out in such a subtle way

2 Likes

Keita , Ox and Melo barely played enough to count even for what one fit midfielder would have.

We’ve more than replaced them and Milner with the two incoming midfielders. That plus the rise of Bajcetic and any other youth midfielders (League/Da) should be fine.

The impending loss of Fabinho and Henderson will be addressed by signing one DM. Ideally two in Lavia and Trindade.

1 Like

I call it a ‘Scholz’

All the best Hendo.

Won the lot as captain and drove the team on in his pomp.

He didn’t know such an offer would come in out of the blue so I don’t see how he has any choice but to accept it. We could all see how he struggled last season and he’s only getting older. This way, we get a few for him that we can reinvest. Plus wage bill is lightened.

If anything it’s on the club for not planning the midfield succession better.

1 Like

This makes zero sense . There’a always a choice.

4 Likes

I have translated the quotes, removed all spaces and punctuation, an here’s your word in all its glory:

EigentlichgibtesnichtzusagenSolangedieDingenochnichtwirklichendgültigentschiedensindmüssenwirnichtdarüberredenEswirdwahrscheinlicheinenMomentgebenindemwirdarüberredenmüssenabernichtjetztIchweißnichtdassirgendetwasentschiedenistwasbedeutetdassesimMomentnichtszusagengibtAberdasistnochbesserfürSieweilSiespekulierenkönnenwasvielleichteinfacherist

…and had a contract with us for at least another year in which he was being relatively well paid…

1 Like

Of doing what? Sit in the bench most of the time and then shlep off to a championship side? He’s so knackered I doubt he’d get a gig even in the MLS.
Even with longer modern careers, a footballer’s career is short-lived.
Yes they earn good money but it’s probably not enough to see you through the rest of your natural life and sort out your family (unless you are one of the world class ones earning silly money). So, no, it’s a job, he’s a private citizen, I do not begrudge him for maximising his earning

I was taught ‘sich verpissen’

1 Like