Jordan Henderson (CM) to Al-Ettifaq

How to stop someone from talking by not telling them to stop talking ?

Klopp can write a book on this.

From what I understand, it’s 350k pw tax free, which given the effective tax rate for someone in the UK earning 700k pw comes out about the same.

1 Like

That makes sense.

Simple enough problem for the govt to solve.

For anyone who’s earning above a threshold amount , tax them on the overall earnings.

Especially if there’s no tax being levied in the other country and if there is a tax which is , the difference in the tax rates as added tax.

Wow. A nobody like me came up with this idea

This is where by the letter of the law, Henderson wouldn’t be a UK resident for tax purposes so its absolutely none of the UK’s business what he is making in another country…The UK would have just as much a right to claim that tax as USA, or Argentina or China.

But I think the world over the rules for domicile status are poor. Absolutely Henderson should be considered UK domicile even if he lives in Saudi Arabia for 3 years. He will still consider himself a UK citizen, and identifies as British, and I bet there’s a fucking long list of laws that won’t apply to him in SA because he’s British. He also absolutely has plans to return to the UK after he has finished making bank. IF he was British Domicile then that would mean the UK could claim the tax from the wage Henderson is making tax-free in SA.

Sadly the rules are just not there to make that happen.

I do agree with Peaches though that the 700k figure is almost certainly converted and equivalent post-tax income in UK£. Otherwise the wage surely would have been reported in Saudi Riyal.

1 Like

Something that needs to be changed and can be changed if the govt has the inclination to do the same. Goes for whichever party is in Power. The opposition party can kick up a fuss on this but they’ll do jackshit on this once they come to power.

1 Like

The US already does this for their ex pats and was one of the biggest counter points to finally pursuing citizenship here.

2 Likes

There are ways around it, but when I first thought I was going to have to pay both Chinese and US income tax I was ending up with about 40-50% of my earnings gone, not like I was making a truckload either.

If you’re not in the USA for 30+ days of the calendar year, you can claim an exemption. After a while there’s a long-term expatriate exemption.

Had to pay a tax agency to help me figure all this out…

This thread has everything; tax law, property investment tips, human rights, but hardly anything about an actual deal.

5 Likes

I was going to ask what people’s thoughts on the actual fee were? £12m doesn’t sound like what I was expecting to be honest.

I shall try harder not to talk football next time.

How’s the weather?

1 Like

What a load of codswallop, so if someone moves to another country and then pays more tax, does the UK government then reimburse them the tax difference. What about the normal Joe Bloggs who has the opportunity to do a stint in a country with no tax to help his families future, are you going to hammer them as well.

Havent seen the details but i think i saw someone mention it was mostly (if not all ) upfront with a further set of add ons (£6m?) being easy to achieve.

1 Like

try the fabinho thread for lessons on morality and values…

come over here to the cayman’s we dont pay ANYONE tax…we keep it all

1 Like

I agree. I liked the £20 million quid a lot more.

There is nowhere else to put this point but maybe the mods can point me in the right direction, but S.A are going hard now on recruitment i see on sky sports they are offering Marco silva 40 mill a year for 2 years! Who would realistically turn that down? They are obviously scooping up all of the older world stars but i feel that was the start of their project, they will become a serious threat to premier league/European football at this rate, we have had false dawns before i.e China offering buckets of money beforehand but this certainty feels more prominent and real, my question is: we was all against the european super league but the way this is going maybe a form of that would soon be needed to save the european competition, i say this because I at first thought well if any player has any ambition they would want to compete in the champions league, but i am starting to doubt this now due to the vast amounts of money S A are offering to throw at this and how aggressively they are doing it.

Worst Stefon skit ever

1 Like

You know what word im going to use…here it comes…ready?

Amortization

I cannot imagine we had much if any expectation for generating fees for someone like him at his stage of his career having been here this long. Getting the wages off the books is likely the more attractive financial side of this that, if he is indeed surplus, justifies being easy over the fee to help grease the move.

hahahaha I’m dying here

bill hader or is it piss GIF by Saturday Night Live

Never been there must be beautiful :+1:

1 Like

it sure is… 400+ banks they have lots of money to keep it that way. :slight_smile: