Jordan Henderson (CM) to Al-Ettifaq

I have no idea who that is, and I’m very happy about it.

2 Likes

Seriously? It’s possible the funniest recurring skit in SNL history. Certainly of the past generation.

I’m unfamiliar with it too…might be because SNL hasn’t had much exposure in the UK?

3 Likes

I live in Germany. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an entire episode of that show, although I am aware of it’s existence. The clips I’ve seen have been dull to be honest, although people seem to find it hilarious.

Also, Saturday night is for going out, not watching telly :wink:

7 Likes

What’s SNL? Another Saudi League?

It’s America’s premier comedy show…which explains why American humour is shit compared to other places

5 Likes

Weekend Update is gold. GOLD Jerry!

LOL. ever stopped to consider that humor is regional?

1 Like

That three didn’t actually equate to one full player in playing statistics. Only in wages.

1 Like

Andy Samberg doing Nicholas Cage was better

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTxcq7nT3gUdBbMx98n83UnEX2cVXBb59

1 Like

God, I hate SNL.

1 Like

This thread has degenerated into complete bollox.
Straying off topic is human, but we are discussing the possible departure of our captain.
We all have the right to discuss our feelings on the ethics of Saudi money, Hendo’s decision etc…but this is thread is nonsense now.

Log on and see a heap of new posts only to read a discussion on taxes and SNL.

2 Likes

The problem is that a typical football week usually consists of 90 minutes of matchplay and 90 hours of talking bollocks about it. In the close season it’s just 100% bollocks.

10 Likes

I wonder if a similar bid were accepted by us from Sunderland, but for obviously much lower pay, which he would choose.

I’d like to think that if it were Sunderland we’d accept a nominal fee in recognition of his services.

But I’m an idealistic old git.

6 Likes

He would need to take a pay cut to go to Sunderland, even if we facilitated the move by accepting a nominal fee. From two years left on good money at Liverpool, to considering quadrupling that in Saudi Arabia, to then (probably) taking much less at Sunderland?

Seems unlikely to me.

I always thought Sunderland would be a good end of career sort of move for Henderson, but the Saudi move into the game probably wrecks that. Never say never and all that though.

1 Like

That’s an easy one to answer.

It is in barrels on a container ship currently sailing from Dammam. So doubt the Abu Dabi Navy are on the hunt for ships sailing out of Saudi waters that carry massive threats with instructions to sink at first chance.

1 Like

Obviously he’d take a pay cut, but finishing your career at your boyhood club is worth far more than money.
All of us would play for Liverpool for free in a similar situation.

Actually, as it’s been established that he reads this forum avidly, we should bang on about it until he gets the message.

1 Like

Seemingly on his way to the medical.