Jordan Henderson (CM) to Al-Ettifaq

Very much my sentiments. I would have hoped that he could have been given a decent send off from Anfield, especially given how long he has been here.

4 Likes

Of course you would since you are not already a multi millionaire like Henderson is. Thought quality of life and being competitive meant something to him, apparently not when the wave a big bag of money in front of him …

geez didn’t realize this transfer been going on for more than 2 weeks now

Meh Harry Kane has been leaving spurs for 6+ years .

4 Likes

Does that include appearance fees???

The hype around that Saudi project will be gone when Ronaldo leaves in one or two years and the investors will realize that there is no return of their investment so that will stop too.

Players like Hendo know the chance for that kind of money is now. No guarantee for next year.

1 Like

So him and Gerrard have made their bed. Could get a bit smelly in there though.

Nuthin from nuthin, but if Mbappe ends up going there it’ll change everything.

An actual bonafide world class player in his prime going to play there will break the watershed, IMO. It’ll no longer be aging former superstars or mid-tier guys looking for a big payday, you’ll see proper top tier players go there because they’ve seen Mbappe do it.

5 Likes

No different to LIV Golf - once a couple go for it, it makes it much easier for others to follow.

Funny one with Mbappe - I actually hope he stays at PSG this season, then leaves for free.

1 Like

I think it is meaningfully different to LIV golf. There are so many fewer golfers that get eyeballs on the tvs than there are footballers that it was a far easier proposition to get enough of them to alter the dynamic. And yet, they still didnt really achieve that. People were interested in how the LIV guys would do once they came back to real competition, but the interest in their 3 day tournaments were really minimal. IN the end they won not by following their LIV strategy, but by buying the PGA.

No matter how big a hit it is for Mbappe to go there, if Real draw PSG in the CL KO round it is still going to be huge because the interest in real football is too big and there are too many players available for any venture like this to suck them all up. And when he leaves after a year to go to Real, what will that say about the viability of their project?

2 Likes

is there much difference between Saudi and Ligue 1? Not much!

1 Like

I’d probably look to delete before a mod does Euph. They’re tightening up the rules where that guy is concerned.

Thanks mate! Was not aware.

100 percent agree…golf is nowhere near as popular as football.

I wasnt really taking that angle, and was much more simplistic in my thought; looking at it purely from one goes and more follow. Guess its a macro scale in footy.

As a percentage, imaginre more professional golfers signed up to LIV this far compared to footballers. Whether that means golfs taken more damage than footy…not sure.

Also, i think Saudi got their way with the merger. Now more PGA players will go.

Fuck me.
Hendo is gone to LIV Golf?

LIV is an ironic name for anything owned by the Saudi government.

I thought LIV was girls name.

whaddaya think the chances are, PSG take the £270mil or whatever it is for Mbop and it sets them right on any FFP issues they may have. one oil state washing the hands of another?

2 Likes

In a similar vein, the fraud squad constantly monitor auction house’s for gifts, bribes and enticements that can so easily pass through their bidding process: Viz - Politician or similar, buys a painting for £500k… puts it back through the auction 6months later, and it sells for £5million - The value is in the eye of the beholder - Yet in reality, it is just a legitimate way to pass funds (bribe) onto someone…!
Fraud squad are fighting a losing battle when there are so many legal loopholes they can’t close
If this fee goes ahead, it might reignite another ‘legitimate’ reason why so much was paid to Barca for Neymar… For after all, it was this transfer that has skewered every transfer ever since

2 Likes

followed shortly after by the hosing we gave Barca for Coutinho.