Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

The reason we ‘dropped our interest’ was due to a legal difference in the understanding of his Champions League clause. We were in the qualifying rounds, but Saints were under the impression that the clause only related to teams in the group stage and so they decided to complain about us tapping him up (which is a stupid rule anyway, as it goes on in every transfer deal).

We then appologised to Southampton, and publicily dropped our interest so that we could go back in January once they had time to cool down.

1 Like

It’s early and my partner took most of the coffee, but Ive read this 3 times and I dont get the joke

dumb jennifer lawrence GIF

I was sad for a moment and then realised he joined 6 years ago.

Its not a joke, his name really was Joseph (according to wikipedia!)

1 Like

Bruce Grobbelaars middle name was Goodison (according to Wikipedia)
And now Kevin Keegans first name is also Goodison, that’s how easy it is :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hope Fjörtoft doesn’t jinx it like he did to us with Sancho.

Alea iacta est. :game_die:

We made a bid!

season 2 GIF

1 Like

Clearly a big brief gone out to the sports journos this evening.

Can only think he’s turned us down or the game has got too rich for us and we’re tempering expectations before we get to the summer.

Hunter in the Guardian listing Mason Mount, Moisés Caicedo, Matheus Nunes and Ryan Gravenberch as alternative targets.

Sadly the poor decisions of last summer are now compounding.

1 Like

Nothing surprising.

This would’ve been a difficult one to get over the line even if things were smooth and we were in a superb position on and off the pitch.

Let alone after a season like this, starting to be simply a bit unrealistic at this stage, regardless if Jude would’ve been open. It’s not enough.

Onto other players.

2 Likes

Or maybe there is something behind the stories of us been for lad at Madrid (wont even try and spell his name),

He could be a cheaper alternative?

1 Like

I’m still hanging onto this like the slim chance of top 4 finish.

1 Like

Yep, embarrassing.

3 Likes

The best case scenario: he stays at Dortmund for one more year and we see where we’re at then. It was never realistic to put all of club’s eggs into one basket, especially as everything is creaking at this point and we need much more than one player.

That said, it’s hard not to feel disappointed. I really admire him as both player and character but this is another blow in a series of blows in season that wouldn’t look out of place ten years ago or more.

1 Like

Its could mean any number of things. Personally, i think this is the club putting the ball in Dortmund/Judes court.

If Jude wants Liverpool then he will still end up here. No bidding wars. Thats my gut feeling.

He can want Liverpool or be open for Liverpool, but doesn’t mean that he’s against the other sides that will be in and able to pay what it takes. Let’s not clutch at straws here. Life goes on.

Whilst that would do, it would mean hes no longer homegrown due to the time spent at Dortmund. A small fact, but one that would have an influence.

£135mil up front plus addons is what you pay when you need one player, not 3-4 sadly. Could easily renew at Dortmund with a clause for next summer.