Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

Id close the the Liverpool season 22-23 one before this.

https://twitter.com/DaveOCKOP/status/1663305890655551489?s=20

Surgery for knee injury? Sounds like we’re signing him…

Tbh, I have never really given up. Not until I see him in the RM shirt. Actually not even. Only when I see him doing that fucking ridiculous RM keepy-uppy performance act photo shoot will I believe its over.

Until then, this is FSG ensuring every other signing is complete so that we can say we cannot afford £150m and force BVB to accept £90m after addons. Its the Liverpool (FSG) way.

Nodding I Agree GIF by VH1

6 Likes

Or maybe someone at the club got wind of this and thought we aren’t paying that much for a direct Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain replacement?

1 Like

Interesting. It’s a gamble now.

Would have thought that makes it more likely to stay at Dortmund another season

4 Likes

So he can come to Liverpool next summer on a reduced fee. Brilliant!

3 Likes

Nothing from the player’s side. I do think Liverpool won’t sign him but if Jude makes it certain that he only wants one club ?

1 Like

…i think he did… and that might be why we got out of the race early…

Have the feeling he’ll sign for City in the end.

Hazard, Diaz, Asensio and Benzema are all leaving Real.

Looks as if Kroos and Modric are staying and they also have Valverde, Tchoumeni and Camavinga. So I really can’t see how Bellingham is a priority for them.

Strengthen attack will already cost them £150m.

Depends if he goes this summer, with that surgery you have to wonder.

1 Like

Hazard and Diaz basically didn’t even exist in serious first team plans. The pair has played 550 minutes this season. Their departures won’t leave any holes.

Kroos is 33 (not sure if he has signed a new deal yet) and Modric’s following season will possibly be his last one (we’ll see if he retires at Real, but that’s another discussion). Valverde plays a bit on the right and a bit in midfield. Lately, they’ve shifted their structure to a double-pivot midfield. Will be interesting what they do next season in terms of that.

But yeah, with Benzema’s departure, they surely need to get a forward in. Whether that’s Bobby for their first 11 (not sure) or someone else, we’ll see. Mbappe has already confirmed he’ll be at PSG next season, probably his final one there.

Don’t see them going away from Bellingham when they’re this close to completing it. I could see them signing about 3 players. Maybe a defender, Bellingham and a forward. Then probably go big for Mbappe possibly on a free in 2024 or Haaland in other years or whoever.

City are linked with a move for Kovacic, if Gundo leaves.

1 Like

That’s a hell of a lot of wages they are freeing up.

I feel the departure of Benzema may have put a slight twist in their pursuit of Bellingham. They now have to prioritise a CF, they already have the 2 french lads to strengthen/replace the old guard, but no one to play up top.
They were probably hoping on one more season from Benzema, allowing them to get a LB and Bellingham before prioritising a CF the season after.

1 Like

I heard they were getting a very good centre foreword on a free

3 Likes

Schmadtke needs to get on the dog and bone to Dortmund and try and convince them Carvalho is worth £50m. Get the Jude deal over the line.

I Like Yes GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 Likes

Surely they knew he was leaving

Looks like Bobby might have to settle for Barca.
Real Madrid have already made contact with Tottenham and Harry Kane about the possibility of signing the England striker, 29, as a replacement for former France striker Karim Benzema, 35, who has confirmed he is leaving Real this summer. (Marca - in Spanish)

Real are on the way to agreeing a “mega deal” to sign Germany forward Kai Havertz, 23, from Chelsea . (Bild - in German)

How on Earth can they get those two and Bellingham? I think the overweight diva is nowhere near singing yet.

Harry Kane would struggle to adapt to moving out of London, let alone another country. Dont see him leaving the PL.

4 Likes