Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

On retrospect it was Copenhagen. At home. Not exactly a daunting prospect

1 Like

Wake up. He is not coming to a team who aren’t in the CL.

It’s called hubris.

Who says we aren’t? There is still time to turn things around providing that the team remains fit and hungry.

Holy shit, where the hell have you been? Anyway you can’t be a saviour to a team on top of the world.

We have been shit this season and yet we are six points off the top of the table. Don’t be silly.

2 Likes

Fair point but it’s the foundational nature of us being shit that is truly worrying.

Or to put it another way, we’ve picked up 50% of the points available whilst Arsenal, City and Spurs have picked up at least 77%.

We need to turn things round quick because we don’t want that gap getting any bigger this early in the season.

5 Likes

Goes without saying, obviously. That said, we’re not finishing outside the top 4 this season. Quote this post.

1 Like

Cool. So we’re definitely finishing top 4 and we’re definitely getting Bellingham next summer.

All good, don’t know why people are worried.

3 Likes

We panicking because there is only one of him, we need 2 at least.

We’re definitely finishing top 4, probably 2nd. No idea if we’re getting Bellingham and it’s not the end of the world if we don’t

1 Like

Denzel Washington GIF

1 Like

Nope, just a waste of a year waiting and being short of decent midfielders whilst we do.

1 Like

My favourite is when team launch ‘a raid’ for a player, and the team is said to be ‘bracing themselves’. Reads like the club is going to smash through the gates in an SUV, put a sack over the players head, bundle him in the boot and drive off.

5 Likes

So our midfielders aren’t ‘decent’ anymore?

1 Like

If we believe the media nonsense yesterday real Madrid have entered the race. :smile::smile:

Any team starting a 36 years old James Milner three times in a week could be said to be lacking decent midfield options at that point.

3 Likes

I still worry that this guy isn’t as good as he is being hyped. If he doesn’t immediately fix our midfield next season, some people will have the knives out for him.

4 Likes

Don’t worry. That will happen to whatever signing we make.

Macallister at Brighton looks a good player too. I think he’s on a Bosman next summer. Might be one to watch.

All speculation, but perhaps we will sign three midfielders? Bellingham, Caicedo, Macallister?

In the meantime, I’m hoping for some good performances from Arthur to really give us food for thought.

1 Like