Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

Ah, thanks. I though maybe he was watching the game when MU were 3 down.

1 Like

Verbal agreement made for January

4 Likes

Just a thought: will he still want LFC if we don’t make the CL come May/June/July, whenever? It’s possible I suppose.

1 Like

We’ll be in top 4. Start of season has been strange but Arsenal and Spurs will fall away and the cream will rise to the top. Can’t see us getting near City sadly but we’ll be well clear in 2nd, plus our annual CL final :+1:

5 Likes

Plus a shaky Chelsea. They look most likely to miss out currently, to me.

1 Like

Not sure we would want him if that’s the case.

But also not sure why people are wetting their pants over Champions League qualification. We’re 4 games into the season.

2 Likes

Yeah, literally every team could in theory still get 100+ points. Things should be clearer 10 games in, but even then, we’ve no idea if/how the world cup will impact everyone’s season.

3 Likes

Does he able to play in the left ? For me Elliott is starter in the right already.

OK window closed. Have we agree on the deal for him to come next summer yet? Hey Julian, yes Julian, I am talking to you.

1 Like

I think he’s nailed on to join us next summer, maybe even an agreement in Jan.

I do think something has already been put in place.

1 Like

Do you all think there is an agreement with Dortmund? Because Dortmund is a publicly traded company so I would’ve thought they would be required to share such a deal?

Or are we talking a deal with Jude’s agent? In which case, how cast iron can such an agreement be if the club hasn’t agreed yet?

I get this is Klopp’s old club and he’s made a very deliberate effort to avoid poaching players from there and therefore I imagine there is a lot of good intent from both sides, but Jesus. I certainly wouldn’t be locking anything in just yet. As much as I don’t want to agree with those throwing their toys out of the pram over this summer’s window, we really need to ensure we have a series of second, third fourth, fifth,+ choice targets if there isn’t actually a cast-iron agreement in place with Dortmund (which there can’t be).

1 Like

A lot of fairly well connected journalists seem to think a deal has been done.

I think 80% of the leg work has been completed, some verbal agreements made. Nothing official and the final asking price/wages might depend on what happens throughout the season. I doubt the clubs have come to a final agreement already. There’s a good chance this goes through. We have a much better chance of signing a player like Bellingham than Tchouameni IMO.

6 Likes

Pretty much every player Klopp has named as his no.1 target we’ve signed - Alisson, Van Dijk, Thiago etc. Can’t see us letting this one go personally. As ILLOK says the groundwork will be done, probably why we tested the water this window and backed off when told no, to keep it all above board.

1 Like

Unless anything was signed they wouldn’t have to make it public.

When did Klopp name him as No 1 target?

3 Likes

James Pearce (and others) have said this multiple times;

It’s been a hot topic of debate since Liverpool lost out to Real Madrid in the race to buy deep-lying playmaker Aurelien Tchouameni from Monaco in June. Initially, Klopp ruled out pursuing an alternative and was adamant he was happy to embark on this season with the options already at his disposal.

Jude Bellingham tops his wish-list but Borussia Dortmund were never going to sell him this summer having already lost Erling Haaland to Manchester City. Liverpool hope to sign the £100million-rated ($115.4m) England international next year.

2 Likes

He could have got that idea just from reading this forum

Jude was class against Copenhagen today. Got a goal and his passing and awareness…top class

6 Likes

Good job we’ve the transfer agreed and wrapped up, or he’d be adding millions to the price tag :wink: