Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

https://youtu.be/tgTgMXJwynk

Jude has been named third Dortmund behind Reus and Hummels.

forgive me, but what does that actually mean?

My guess is he’s been made 3rd Captain, or more commonly used term in UK is one of two Vice Captains

2 Likes

According to this, “sensational progress” has been made for a Keita type deal. If that’s actually true, then maybe it’ll be announced while we’re in Austria / Germany. Or maybe not.

7 Likes

When was the Keita deal announced?

I mean the deal whereby we bought him but he stayed with Leipzig for another season.

1 Like

Can’t see it happening. Keita had a buyout clause which is why we could do the deal the way we did but Bellingham doesn’t.

1 Like

Exactly. There’s no chance of a similar deal. He could smash it this season and add £20m to his price tag

1 Like

Or at 18 he could have a dud season. I’m not sure he goes much higher than the numbers mentioned at the moment unless he goes to the World Cup and rips it up.

I don’t think he plays much at the world cup, unless England were smart and got rid of Gareth

Nah I don’t, I really don’t think his price is going up much higher it’s already somewhat inflated.

1 Like

Next year, if he doesn’t agree a further new contract, he’ll be just 1 year away from the end of his protected period and, therefore, a de facto release under Article 17.

Might mitigate against any performance related inflation.

3 Likes

The hard facts are that

• they signed him in 2020 für £20m

• he received an automatic contract extension until 2025 when he turned 18 last year

So current wages and hopefully terms of a possible exit in the next two years have been agreed before he arrived at Dortmund.

2 Likes

Never going to happen.

The economic fallout would be catastrophic in relation to Men’s waistcoat sales.

Isn’t Rafa fond of one too or am i mis-remembering…

I understand they were de riguer for waiters in fancy spanish restaurants…

Explain.

Bellingham is 19 and he is calling Jamie Bynoe-Gittens (18) and Youssoufa Moukoko (17) his sons.

Both came on as second half subs and scored.

1 Like