Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

Fans should just wait until the season starts to see how it will all work out (or not). Klopp has every right to keep his cards close to his chest. If that’s to shield the youngsters from the spotlight, protect his gameplan from opposition coaches, or simply because he doesn’t know in detail yet how he’ll use them, then I’ll accept that. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

He said Milner would be back up left back for a season and people’s heads fell off.

He doesn’t need to say anything publicly to appease fans if that lumps pressure on the young lads.

Elliott started games at the beginning of last season in midfield so we know he’s comfortable playing him on the right of the three. He’s already said Carvalho is flexible, can play a bunch of positions and is going to be part of the squad. And we know Jones is talented but had an up and down season interrupted by some freak injury at just the wrong time.

There’s nothing he can tell us that can’t be inferred from what’s been said and done already and will play out in pre-season.

6 Likes

Before Klopp announced his plans to use Jones, Elliot and Carvalho in football games I had no idea which way he was going to go. Where they being primed for a role as social media influencers? Were they helping the Carols in the kitchen? Literally no indication. But now we know

3 Likes

You can play the best football and win nothing, I don’t think it’s about that. They look at last season and see what we could’ve done to go 1 further to win 1 of the big 2 and their immediate thoughts are to bring in more world class names.

I’m all for waiting but not everyone has the same patience.

Somethings obviously got to Klopp enough for him to come out and given that lengthy interview with Sky or whoever, I haven’t really been following much football related news since the CL final if I’m honest…he could’ve just kept quiet about the whole Bellingham/midfield situation.

Liverpool retain a strong interest in Jude Bellingham. He’s a serious option for 2023, not this summer. [James Pearce, The Athletic]

Borussia Dortmund are prepared to listen to bids for Bellingham, 19, next summer, with the England international’s valuation already set at no less than £101 million. [Paul Joyce, The Times]

2 Likes

101m? Is that extra 1 to deter Arsenal? :rofl:

2 Likes

That would be a straight player swap between Jude and Keita. I think we should do it.

Id prefer we keep Keita and give them one of your early pictures. Are you willing to take the hit for the club?

Fuck shite my worst work could buy 2 of him. But because you and the millions of fans asked, ok I will.

black and white single tear GIF

2 Likes

City have recouped ridiculous amounts of money this window. Could be that more’s to come if Barca pursue Bernardo Silva (they seem to be hell bent on ruining their financials as much as possible). I really think we should not put too much hopes into this guy, cause I can see him go to City. They have strong interest in him too right? Everyone from Bayern to Madrid seems strongly interested.

Are we going to lose out to RM again, or do we not get off the pot? Of course, the source is Marca so it’s taken with 6 months of a Roman legionnaire’s salary.
Real Madrid have set their sights on signing 19-year-old Borussia Dortmund and England midfielder Jude Bellingham, who has also been linked with Liverpool . (Marca)

Taken with a pinch of salt, but despite that the link between these two doesn’t make much sense to me.

Ones bin fire and one is a reputable source.

Though they could mean next summer.

Possibly, but even still Im not sure it makes sense given the profile of the two young french lads they already have. Im sure someone can show me a pizza chart showing how they do different things, but they are similar enough you’d think that if Real was looking to bring in another young CM it would be someone more different than those two than Bellingham is.

3 Likes

How’s that a bombshell? Everyone on here knew about it. He should hang out with the experts.

3 Likes

It’s a great transfer word. Bombshell.

If we phone them up again it will be seismic. Potentially earth shattering.

I blame Starbucks for ruining the language. Can’t get a small coffee, but we will serve a tall one. Once you start that game there aren’t many words left on the excitement scale.

Bah humbug!

2 Likes

Awesome post

Ivan broke this news weeks ago.

2 Likes