Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

It’s interesting, given the coaching staff at both clubs, they think it’s us pushing PEDs

1 Like

Packed him on Fifa yesterday, think it’s a sign tbh.

1 Like

It’s the same people who talk about our non-stop pressing, even though we haven’t played that way for another 4 years now.

2 Likes

Jurgen Klopp on Bellingham and midfield: “He’s not on the market, so that’s the first problem with that player.

“Well, that’s the only problem with that player.

“I don’t think something will happen in midfield, but you never know. If somebody comes to you and says ‘I want to go’, then…

“Nobody came to me yet - but if that happens then we have to talk new.

“If the situation stays like it is, then tell me why [Liverpool would look to sign a midfield player]?”

“I don’t understand. I do not understand. People told me about this discussion, but the last thing that would have crossed my mind is that we have to do this.

“I know all these things, that we ‘don’t score enough goals from midfield’, this and that, but what do we want? This ‘Golden Cow’ that is producing absolutely everything, milk as well!

“Where is the need for a midfielder? I wait for the day when somebody comes to me and tells me why, exactly.”

“We can go through it. Where do you want to start?

“So, Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott, Fabio Carvalho, Oxlade-Chamberlain. Now you tell me what kind of player are we missing? One who is offensive, 1.95m and arrives into the box to head balls in? OK, apart from that!

“We have three players in the squad who can easily play as a No.6 - Fabinho, of course, but Hendo and Milly played it fine.

“Creativity? If we bring in a player just for that, we immediately make it more difficult for Harvey, Curtis and Fabio.

“They can all play different positions as well of course, Curtis can play a line higher and Harvey and Fabio can play there too. Fine. We can play a different system as well, where we might only need two midfielders, but then all these guys can play as a No.10 in the new system.

“So where is the need for a midfielder? I wait for the day when somebody comes to me and tells me why, exactly.”

15 Likes

My view is unless we put proper pressure on Dortmund/Bellingham he won’t leave this summer, something Klopp won’t do.

So I reckon we’ve gone as hard as we can this summer and now have backed off as Klopp won’t dirty his relationship with his old club.

Party Dancing GIF

Good for Klopp’s health that he doesn’t read forums.

:joy:

4 Likes

Maybe he reads them for a laugh…

1 Like

I thought he posted regularly on here?!

Plot twist: Jürgen is actually a cynical, old…

1 Like

Hi Jürgen,
Thanks for stopping by again. Please know that most of us trust you. God knows you’ve earned that trust. Please ignore the knicker-wetters.
Also, best to stay off the match threads anytime we’re 30mins in and haven’t scored yet.
Best wishes,
WeeJoe

4 Likes

Jurgen, if you are in the match threads during the game (again!) I’ll be very disappointed. We don’t need poor Ox slagged off even more. Please keep your eyes on the pitch. Thanks!

1 Like

Secondary to what @anon27364116 pointed out, he had the most appearances last season than any of their players. In a team that was forced to try a lot of different things due to injuries to other key players and odd off spells, he was the constant. Beyond the talent, you dont see that sort of responsibility in players of that age very often.

I made the point in the unreliable rumour thread that in addition to Haaland, they already lost Wistel this summer as well. As much as they are now a selling club, you’d think Jude’s loss in addition to that would be something they’d try to manage rather than just be something they react to once they get a good offer, hence the somewhat inflated price tag.

1 Like

Worth noting that our U19s just won the Euros with Chukwuemeka being one of the key players. Jacob’s younger brother Aaron, also at Villa, was also part of that team.

1 Like

Also Tim Iroegbunam was in that squad. I’ve seen Villa journalists say that their management think he’ll be a £100m player one day.

If inflation picks up they may all be 100m lb players so day…:confused:

1 Like

Haha @Walshy07

1 Like

When journalists predict a player will be worth £100m I can understand, but the management…

:man_facepalming:t2:

I think what it is is that fans only want what they don’t see…they don’t see a creative spark in the squad that can get 10-15 assists a season so they want the club to go out and get 1 of the top 3 in Europe.

All Klopp has to come out and say is state the plans he has for Elliott Jones Fabio and then that’s that. Fans wouldn’t have the need to ask.

Any “fan” who thinks that clearly haven’t seen us play football or our fullbacks.

2 Likes