Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

100m lbs? That would be a heavy price to pay…:wink:

2 Likes

just read the tweet that @legalalien posted about this transfer and must say i love the wording!

LFC are going to attempt to make a bid.

Got a vision of our negotiating team shouting through the letterbox “£80m for mr bellingham!” “jurgen the door is closed and i think they have gone home early but we did attempt to make a bid we’ll pop a card through the letterbox and come back monday” :joy:

I love twitter transfer tweets.

2 Likes

That reminds me of a transfer we tried to do a few years ago, when it got to the last few hours of the transfer window, the other clubs staff all packed up and went home for the night, so we ouldn’t get in contact with anyone to finalise the deal

Dortmund could always do what Bayern are apparently doing to Barcelona, which is refusing to take Barca’s calls re Lewandowski. Perhaps they gave Barca a special number that goes straight to voice mail. “Sorry we’re not here right now. Please fuck off.”

1 Like

everyone should tell barca to fuck off to be honest!
I just enjoyed the phrasing of the tweet - i was not shooting the messenger!

I also think that this is simply the next sexy transfer talk fans like to entertain, but that there isn’t much in it. There are always players like that.

He’ll probably join Utd or Chelsea for an extortionate fee and wage, while we bring in another previously hardly known player, who then turns out to be better than him.

7 Likes

It’s OK. I didn’t feel slighted.

1 Like

Not even slightly slighted?

i will only believe you when i see our new god post it on twitter :grinning:

1 Like

I would be fine buying nobody next summer if it meant getting Bellingham this summer even if it is for £100m.

2 Likes

Ivan is teasing us.

1 Like

austin powers GIF

2 Likes

I’ve only seen Jude play about half the required games (5) before forming an opinion, but I’m fully sold on his ability. He does look a really good player already, one of best players on the pitch in every game I’ve seen. Really like his attitude too, far more preferable to the chap United ended up buying from Dortmund.

If we can complete a deal similar to Nunez I’d be happy with that. Or to look at it another way, a similar fee to Sancho with half the wages.

If Madrid hold serious interest and push the money to £100 million+ and 250k+ in wages, we will be looking elsewhere. There’s no need to get involved at those figures, other players are available.

10 Likes

I have a feeling he is probably one of these players I actually have seen play 10 games (probably more), I’ve always enjoyed his play I do think the guy is special and one of those I’d hate to see play somewhere else.

I have a feeling we are trying to do a deal this summer similar to Keita (if that’s possible like) to avoid the RM hijack as I don’t expect them to move this summer now.

2 Likes

My favourite bits I’ve read about Jude is from ex-coaches, who say if he makes a mistake he will review it and correct it. He has a huge thirst to grow as a player and the humility to go with that… exactly the type of character that would fit here perfectly.

8 Likes

Mods please ban.

3 Likes

Have you read 10 of my posts to determine whether that is necessary?

8 Likes

i saw him lay on the floor after coming on as a sub in an international match recently. I then saw him get up 2 or 3 minutes later adn run back to tackle someone. might have been against germany.

IF we can get him to get up quicker i ll take him for tackling back. IF he is going to stay on the floor he can replace ronaldo at the scum.

If its the moment I think you are referring to, he was down for about 30-45 secs he then sprinted back and literally threw up (got sick) on the pitch.

1 Like

Someone told him Manu was interested?

3 Likes