Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

Shouldn’t this thread be shut down now?

1 Like

Yeah 303 was the PL score.

Not sure what the results was, I remember 312 being the rumours page I think, it was I went to often.

1 Like

Thankfully not.

1 Like

No, not that I can think of unless Barnes and Beardsley fall into that category otherwise i would think Morientes may have been the closest to us bagging a player of that type.

Nope.

Besides, it’s only going to end up in other threads anyway.

3 Likes

Hope they would to CL draws there, just appear in one second who’s playing who and we move on. F*ck the whole ceremony thing with opening balls and people writing matches on paper so that they don’t forget who they’re playing.

:joy:

Time for some of our fans who know better to be a owner to show FSG how it’s done.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/funding-jude-bellingham-transfer

I don’t remember teletext being around in the 70,s and 80,s.First i seen of that was the 90,s.
Do you you think sky invented teletext at the same time as they were inventing football ?

1 Like

I remember listening to bbc radio in the 60’s for football updates.

3 Likes

It started off in the mid 70s. The first Radio Rentals TVs with it were late 70s. Obviously these were top of the range models. It didn’t become standard until the 90s.

2 Likes

I can still remember listening in disbelief when Leicester ended our long unbeaten run at Anfield in 1981.

Still can’t believe it to this day.

1 Like

Or even the world service in the 1990s and early 2000s with a bit of five live for added excitement.

And long x

1 Like

If we’re being honest with ourselves, it’s still pretty much the same with us now. Pretty much the things that actually get leaked are usually from the other side of the negotiating table. If we have a genuine interest in a player and the other club is willing to be quiet, us fans don’t find out until they’ve signed.

1 Like

We find out about most transfers we do, before it’s announced. It can depend how early it breaks out, but let’s be real, it’s almost impossible these days to keep it fully quiet until the official announcement. Especially for one of the world’s biggest clubs.

The exceptions to that rule in last years are the transfers of Fabinho and Jota. Fabinho wasn’t really linked with us (or not that much?) and got oficially announced the day after Kiev (very unusual, it was also sort of a PR move after the defeat). Jota also happened very quickly, since he was first mentionted and then completed. But cases like that are rare.

Sure, there’s a lot of rubbish too, even from reliable media sometimes, let alone unreliable. Things can also change very quickly in football, especially in transfers. Best we can do is filter sources like we do. We’re really not naive if we believe that Bellingham right now is unlikely to happen. We don’t even need sources finding that out for us and Klopp admitting it in different words, but it confirms it a bit more.

1 Like

That’s almost pretty much what I mean. I don’t mean concealing it until the very end. I mean for some signings, nothing actually gets out until the player is literally doing their medical and/or on the verge of signing, just like Gakpo. Once the player is actually en route in terms of travelling, it’s almost impossible to conceal.

I doubt it was a PR move. I think the ability to get the transfer done quietly was aided by the Champions League Final sucking up all the oxygen and attention on that instead.

1 Like

Even before, most of them. When they travel to their medical, we mostly know that it’s going to happen for days and weeks. Some things did break for Gakpo already last season (more about our interest, that was perhaps more us following the player). The other thing is that it was mostly Dutch and back then, in the mean time, it didn’t make much sense as we had a newcomer in his position in Diaz, Jota was still here, etc.

We don’t know when or how long did it take to complete the Fabinho deal. If he was announced so soon after a CL final, when the window isn’t even open yet, it was worked on and completed for a while. A different example, we had Reina basically in the bag well ahead of Istanbul, but there was no announcement until the transfer window opened. I believe there’s verbally a lot of transfers that are more or less done behind the scenes in the last weeks or months. But it’s unusual to see them oficially announced when we announced Fabinho.

So it’s not like we can pretend everything they write is a lie (they write so much that it just cannot be the case!) that these latest reports from multiple reliable media + Klopp himself with his words doesn’t mean anything. It’s not good news, but it’s not a shock. We’re having a horrible season and it’s a difficult transfer already without that fact. Our season is more bad news that us being unable to get a transfer of this scale done, which we never did in our history.

Sorry, no idea what that means :man_shrugging:

Nunez was 10 days.

Once we became solid favourites before then we had been muted but it seemed a deal with Man Utd was likely.

Thiago was the last drawn out, even Touchemani was only drawn out for 10 days.

Yes there will be links and if the players we sign haven’t been mentioned by now I’d be shocked because frankly everyone in Europe has, but until I see a firm link I often ignore it.