Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

I think both players drastically exceeded expectations here, and even then it’s maybe only us who fully appreciated how good they were once they got here.

Everyone knew Barnes’ talent, but was plagued by the perception that he was inconsistent - “why cant he score that goal he scored in the Maracana every game”? It was considered an exciting signing, but a bit of a gamble.

Beardsley was just generally underappreciated his entire career and even after producing the best football of his career in his first couple of years here he still struggled to nail down a role in the england side

2 Likes

Ceefax was launched in the 70s. I definitely remember spending saturday’s in the 80s spending the morning playing football in the garden then rushing inside at 3pm to spend the next 2 hours sitting in front of the ceefax waiting for the scores to update

2 Likes

It probably works for an age group that we’re growing up early 80s to late 90s it’s quite sizeable to be fair.

We never had Sky and we always lost when I listened on Radio.

Then again even that curse went when I was travelling home from a cup game we had to play in Solihull (amateur football sometimes).

Just noticed that this thread has now passed the 2,000 mark. All for a player that we aren’t signing.

1 Like

We had a strong tradition of those back in the days of TIA. Simao and Dani Alves spring to mind.

3 Likes

David Silva too.

2 Likes

There are rumors that when we hit 50000 posts, it can be exchanged for transfer fee credits for Bellingham.

2 Likes

I genuinely couldn’t remember whether it was Silva or Mata… I thought it could have been both!

I can completely agree with your logic. By announcing your position you are opening yourself up to be scrutinised. It is definitely not good PR. You only have to look at the reaction on the forum to see that.

Silva. That was possibly the longest one. Because it came also at the time when more people were online/on forums.

3 Likes

There are a host of reasons why the club may have gone down this road - one possibility is that they are speaking to those representing other players and are trying to convince them that those players are now our primary target(s).

2 Likes

…or LFC have heard, or been told he wants to go to RM.
Like hearing through the grapevine, your girlfriend is going to dump ya next time she see’s ya, so to save some pride you get in first and dump her by text :0)
Recently lost Tchouameni, so a similar blow with Bellingham wanting to do the same dance, we could do without.

Tried to lower his price tag today.

1 Like

He’s moping after getting the bad news that we dont fancy him anymore.

1 Like

He’s been pretty shite lately tbh. Maybe he’s just trying to lower his price tag
Edit: @GermanRed ha, fair enough.

I think it’s fair to say that right now, with the prices being touted, nobody has a clue how football works. We either have FFP or we don’t.

4 Likes

Maybe that some of the bullshit posts are too long :wink:

its probably a good thing that we are no longer in for Bellingham,

bellingham is the type of player you buy when you are at top, or challenging at the top
some-one who wll keep you at the top, or take you to the top,

right now we are neither

IMO, Klopp needs to rebuild the foundations of the team first,

and we need a few solid 1st team players before we think about adding star players,

How much did United pay for Sancho?

£73M I think.