Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

I again say, if true, I am glad we took the sensible way of walking away from, not Bellingham, but paying 150m for one player. It’s not even about whether the owners have money or not. To me, it’s not even just whether Bellingham is worth it. It’s the strange assurance for people who believes as if Jude is a sure success. If anyone can guarantee FSG or Klopp that by plonking 150m on Jude and we will win everything year in year out, I am sure FSG will find a way. But no one can right. Jude looks world class but he has won… Nothing. It’s not putting him down, it’s being practical and realistic. Sancho was touted to be a steal. Looks nowhere near. Many others I am sure we know who was touted to be the next world class but floundered. By all means Jude looks on a great trajectory but claims from fans who KNOW for sure he is surely going to succeed is just talking because they want to best FSG with the stick for not spending the asking price.

There are many other fans like myself who acknowledge that we need new players and if FSG does not support Klopp with getting players with a decent budget then we will be disappointed, not because of not spending 150m on one player who we are never sure of the success.

3 Likes

Manchester City are in pole position to sign Jude Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund this summer but want assurances from the England midfielder, 19, that he wants to work with manager Pep Guardiola before making a move. (Sunday Mirror)

I would absolutely love it if Jude held a press conference and said that there is no way he would even consider accepting wages stained with blood.

7 Likes

More reports this morning he wants to stay at Dortmund another year, that would be the ideal scenario for us. He renews with a new contract with a release clause for next summer. Over to us then to get back in the CL.

4 Likes

Fuck that. He lets his contract run down and joins us for free in 2025.

4 Likes

I doubt there is any scenario where that happens, he won’t fuck over Dortmund.

2 Likes

Quaresma was a contender

If, and it is a big if, they insist on pricing him out of the move he would prefer then maybe he’d stay another year.

Yeah, big at clutching at straws, me.

1 Like

Big call for Jude to stay at Dortmund, he only has 5 or 6 years left at the top level.

1 Like

If Bellingham did a new deal it would probably include a clause.

Not sure if the clause would be much lower but then he could technically walk so maybe it would.

I thought I seen everything possible in my life, but no, there is always something cropping up. :woman_facepalming:t4:

We had the exact same thing for Mbappe 6 months ago.

Did pretty well actually but still about 190m+ off.

1 Like

I don’t believe this and am quite sure that he’ll move to a top club this summer. Why? Because a year is long in football. He could tear his cruciate ligament next season, and then, it’s better to be at a mega-club with a mega-contract, rather than at Dortmund with a relatively low contract.

Ergo: with all the top clubs sniffing around him right now, he’ll move.

1 Like

We can’t afford release clauses because they selling team expects it in a lump sum.

Do words not mean anything anymore? How can they be in pole position while also not knowing if the player is interested?

3 Likes

No. Especially “great”, which has lost all meaning. :rage:

1 Like

I thought you were better than thinking that there was any logic or sense involved in anything to do with these rags…

1 Like

Don’t forget “legend”

3 Likes

Even if Bellingham did stay at Dortmund for one more season, and thus lower his price when he does move, we need to rebuild the midfield now not next summer. If he waits until next summer then there may not be a place for him in our first team.

Well, maybe we could fit him in somewhere perhaps.

If Bellingham doesn’t move this summer then he is guaranteed to be a Liverpool player within 6mth to a year.

1 Like

Why would leaving on a free at the end of his contract be ‘fucking dortmund over’ when they signed him for only 20m? It happens to us often enough! I’m sick of this ‘poor Dortmund’ BS, they have already massively profited from taking English players cheaply and flogging them on - why should they get to do it every time.