Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

The fact is there is at least three CMs a year older and we will know if the likes of Jones will cut it.

I’ve never been against the idea of signing 2 if they are indeed players who can start for us if we were to revisit this next year. In fact I’d rather we sign 2 if it allowed us to sign competition at the back.

If he stays now it’s evidently for me because he wants to see how we go and give Dortmund one more year.

It has to be 2 midfield players who are ready to play majority of the matches after an initial bedding in like Fabinho did after joining. It should not be players whom we hope to develop over a few seasons. And ready to play covers alot of players not necessarily those we think are good enough. I think 2 first team starter midfield is the minimum. Bacjectic, Hendo, Fabinho, Thiago, Elliot, Jones, Milner will be able to cover them and rotate for the remaining midfield spot.

To play the devil’s advocate (but you can put any midfielder in Bellingham’s place), Thiago’s contract expires next year, while Fabinho will likely be sold. Thus, I’d be very pleased if we got one central and one defensive midfielder this summer (obviously, of required quality and hopefully with a good fitness record).

2 Likes

Yes, if Jude is staying with Dortmund another year, and the club think they could realistically get him next summer you would think that they would have a plan in place to resolve the main issues this summer and have him take up his place next year to ‘complete’ the rebuild.

I would think that unless they want to leave, Thiago and Hendo in particular have a lot to contribute next season, particularly if the summer rest/ training is managed properly.

1 Like

It’s really interesting following the timeline on this.

• Reported that Liverpool have bid for Bellingham.
  • Liverpool withdraw interest. (Presumably there was a significant disparity in valuation)
  • Then reports that Bellingham would rather stay at Dortmund another year than move to a club that isn’t right.

This is clearly not done yet.

So on to the coming season, we could add two good midfielders. Just putting two lads who can contribute into the roles that Ox and Naby have will do wonders.

4 Likes

There was also this about 10 days ago

:3rd_place_medal:| Liverpool are willing to offer £71m for Aurelien Tchouameni, with Real Madrid considering selling the midfielder, who has “not lived up to expectations” and is “too much of a luxury” to be on the bench. Klopp remains absolutely convinced by the 23-year-old. [@elnacionalcat] https://twitter.com/AnfieldEdition/status/1644682313949642753/photo/1

And then this below in the past 24hrs

1 Like

Anything is possible, but this story seems like a complete fabrication. It’s like someone has looked at one team sheet, seen him on the bench and made a connection that just isnt there. He played in pretty much every game prior to the world cup but has had a series of niggles and illnesses since he came back that has seen him struggle for games.

You only have to go back 2 months ago to see this report of his illness being viewed as a blow to Real to lose a player who has been important to them this year

2 Likes

This one isn’t done yet. BD need to decide how much it’s worth to keep Jude another year. If they value him at 135M and next summer that amount turns into 75-85M (still massive for a player with one year left) then the question will become is keeping Jude another year worth losing 50M. If he won’t move just anywhere, which is seeming more and more the case, BD is going to find themselves in a very weak place this summer. Wouldn’t be surprised to see something come from this in the 100M range this summer.

2 Likes

Just today, Gravenberch was reported as available and interested in Liverpool, before becoming unavailable and a key part of Bayern’s squad.

It’s the point in time where clubs are back and forth, using the press to posture and position themselves for the coming summer.

To quote Rafa, football is a lie.

3 Likes

clickbait GIF by ALEX KAO

If Jude refuses to extend his contract and refuses to sign for any other club Dortmund will have a bit of a problem when the transfer window opens.

Instead of a £130m they might have a £70m player next year with one year left on his contract and an average season (which is totally understandable for young players).

And I’d be willing to wager, LFC have no problem waiting 18mo to get Jude on a free.

3 Likes

18 months? We’ll be playing in the Championship by then!

1 Like

We have to wait and see what happens with his contract situation but It wouldn’t surprise me if we go back for him late in the window or in January - VvD says hello.

Another indication that we will go back for him in the summer could be if we sign one midfielder (looks like Mount atm) early in the window and then nothing else happens for many weeks.

Probably horseshit but some chat that Bellingham had told Dortmund he wants to join Liverpool this summer.
Also some chat about a new Dortmund contract with a £80m release clause next year.

Great sources such as Daveockop and Jac Talbot.

Would we want him now, considering it was rumoured he didn’t want us?

Not good enough to get in a aging RM side by the looks of it

1 Like

It makes a bit of sense, notwithstanding the terrible sources.

• Jude Bellingham has told Dortmund he wants Liverpool. Meanwhile Dortmund are trying to get him to sign a new contract with an £80m release clause.

• Liverpool offered £85m plus add ons (which take it to around £100m).

• Dortmund turned that down.

• Liverpool said fuck it then. We’ll sign him next year for less money.

• Liverpool and Bellingham expect Dortmund to compromise at some point.

3 Likes

How many players are good enough to get in the best side in the world? Doesn’t mean he isn’t good enough for us though…

Hope we move on from him.
My concerns over this lad is that he’d turn out to be Jadon Sancho mark II.
Massive hype from the media on shoulders too young to cope with the pressures, resulting in a very mediocre player at the end of the long drawn out over hyped transfer saga.

Haven’t seen an awful lot of him, but based on yesterdays performance I’d be going for the Brighton lad Caicedo.

1 Like

There are so many things about Bellingham that scream “I’m the opposite of Sancho”, maybe that’s the reason why a lot of us are so keen on him. To be honest, if we could afford just two players in the summer, getting him and Caicedo would probably be the unrealistic dream option, at least for me. Not that I’m too impressed with Caicedo wanting to leave Brighton in the middle of the season or giving a recent interview about wanting to join Real Madrid at some point in his career but he’s quality, no two ways about it.

5 Likes