Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

To be fair, at least wait until Bellingham signs for Madrid for 120m and we sign Mount for 80m before raging at Liverpool being cheapskates.

For what it’s worth, I can’t think of any scenario we or anyone pays 80m for Mount.

2 Likes

I have a few thoughts on the whole thing but am generally relaxed. Nice to get your thoughts off your chest sometimes though ay.

1. I think the line about how we were inactive in other windows because we were “waiting for Bellingham” is a nonsense. I think the staff just massively misjudged the ability of the current midfielders based on years of high quality performances and relative success. We’re gonna hear this line so often in the immediate aftermath and I am personally going to become very frustrated. Haha. But yeah I think they just thought only top tier, genuine world class talent was worth going after because otherwise we wouldn’t be getting lads much better than the ones we had. Although they might have done had they been able to offload the likes of Chamberlain. That hasn’t proven to be correct but I’m confident that’s what they were thinking.

2. This one isn’t FSG being tight and stingy. I don’t think we can have any complaints as fans about the club not being in for a transfer that looks like it might be the third highest fee of all time. The Neymar transfer essentially broke the market that’s how ridiculous that one is and then on top of that it’s only Mbappe who has gone for what it looks like Bellingham will go for. To have that level of expectation is ridiculous I think. Although having said all that, the club were obviously trying despite it being obvious it would take huge huge money which feels naive. But to kick the club because they’ve not spent €140million and €400k a week is spoilt and childish, in my opinion.

3. None of this makes it less frustrating that we haven’t seen fit to sign a midfielder in any of the windows since Gini left. It was apparent to anyone with half a brain that his minutes would need replacing when he left and that the current squad were incapable of doing that to the necessary standard. But in my opinion that’s not even really an FSG thing, that’s a ‘people at the club responsible for improving the team’ thing which I personally think are separate things.

There we go. A long boring ass post on a complete non event, but they’re my thoughts.

10 Likes

Firstly, the Real deal is not completed yet.

Let’s see what it is first; if they sign Bellingham for £80m and £150k per week, I am going to be fuming. We should be able to compete with that, unless Jude is “doing a Tchouameni” and has chosen Real over us, which is understandable given their history and recent domination of the CL.

6 Likes

I always though tapping up was the club talking directly to the player? I think if their ‘entourage’ negotiate then it’s fine. Which is bollocks to be honest.

2 Likes

Agreed. I’m only reporting what I’ve read which is that Jude had agreed salary but the transfer fee has not been settled. Whether this is actually the case, who knows at this point.

And if that happen after all that open flirting from our players and “waiting for Bellingham” spiel from the media, it will go down as one of the most successful media spin from FSG.

They managed to dupe an entire fanbase instantly. Quite an achievement duping millions of fans at one go without a significant portion of the fanbase calling their bullshit.

There is a bit more too it, but that is not too far from the truth.

Clubs turn a blind eye to it as long as things are done descretely. I remember Big Sam telling a story on TalkShite a while ago about his time at 1 club and the manager from another club wanted to sign one of Sams’ players so approached the club to get permision, and Sam asked, have you spoken to him to find out if he is interested and have you agreed a salary with him? The manager said no, so Sam told him to do that before bothering him with a transfer negotiation

It makes sense though…The club can agree on a price but if the player doesn’t want to go due to the buying club offering shit terms, it will play out negatively in public.

Let’s get this thread up to 3000…

2 Likes

Let’s get this thread up to 3000

Before he signs for Real.

1 Like

Too many miles in his legs already. He’ll be flagging by the time he’s 29 so we can pick him up then…

I thought during the VVD debacle it was commonly agreed that a buying club, the player and any agents representing either, must have permission from the selling club before any communication takes place between those parties. This would result in a situation where the selling club would need to agree to negotiations taking place even before the player has discussed if they are interested in the move, whether the financial terms are good for them etc etc.

But I think its understood it never ever happens that way, and it would be impractical to do so anyway.

FIFY

1 Like

You could get two mounts for that, im not being rude by the way :smirk:

I’m still amused that so many people seem to take transfer gossip as gospel…

5 Likes

A camel??? :smirk:

I mentioned this in the past, and was assured by forum experts that Jude isn’t like that :roll_eyes:

Who cares, tons more players out there.

Now some need to get a grip. FSG has duped an entire fan base? Really? Hahahaha comments like that are ridiculous.

4 Likes

If he gets a lot of money to play for Real Madrid, I wouldn’t say that is money driven, as such. They are the biggest and most successful club in the world, and the money is a byproduct of that.

If he decides to go to Saudi Arabia for the sort of dough that would blow Real Madrid out of the water, fine, he’s money driven.

His choice now is about his best sporting prospect. As it happens, that will also come with a lot of money.

2 Likes