Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

He dumped Trent already?

A sudden heart break could explain Trent’s poor form recently

1 Like

Huh? He’s been in great form.
:thinking:

2 Likes

Ah, so what you saying is the relationship was holding him back.

No matter who we end up buying, the decision to not spend 130m on one player is the right thing to do when looked at in isolation. 130m can buy us 2 or more midfielders who can be as good or even better. It’s one thing to agree or disagree with this strategy, but there will always be a select few who just look for any opportunity to hit the owners.

2 Likes

I reluctantly agree. Bellingham is a generational talent and would have been great to rebuild around him. But we need more than one midfielder and aren’t in the financial position to get him and 2 others of sufficient quality. So weighing pros+cons it was the right decision

1 Like

Of course! I think no one in their right mind can deny the talents of Bellingham. It would be crazy for anyone to say we do not want him. But football is as much a game of winning and losing as it is a business. And businesses can be conducted in many ways and won in many ways. I think your line of thinking is fair and we are pretty much the same, Jude is a great talent, any team would benefit from having him. Maybe what we might differ is to what what extent should we go for him and that is fine. What I was onto was some very few fans who would insist that FSG go for Jude regardless of price and if not, they are just stingy fucks. Such line of thinking disregard who we are as a club and that how we win is as important as winning.

I do think that Liverpool need to spend close to what we spent for VVD , what we spent on Alisson …both record buys at that time on one player to be the one main guy in the midfield

It might be Bellingham or it might be someone else. Where we are not in luck w.r.t Bellingham and Tchouameni before him and possibly Camavinga is that Madrid was in need of a midfield revamp as well and that battle isn’t one Liverpool can win.

I felt that Bellingham being an Englishman would have had more affinity to an English club than a Spanish club and hence , unlike Tchouameni and Camavinga would be more amenable to join us but it turns out that this isn’t the case.

As Brighton have shown , there are quite a bit of talent that are available. Time to take two ready made guys and two punts (likes of Grujic etc) who can be shifted for money later as well if we aren’t happy enough with their development.

2 Likes

Bajetic , Jones , Fabinho , Henderson , Elliot with Thiago as an impact sub of types makes for a midfield where two first team signings can make an immediate impact.

Macallister if we get him ticks one box. Who is the other guy ?

And who are the punts every season that we need to make with the hope that they come good ?

1 Like

And it’s not like we havent spent on midfielders. Keita , Ox , Gini , Thiago show that klopp has spent good amounts.

What we have failed to do is move the likes of Keita and Ox quickly enough (A season back atleast)

1 Like

I know what you’re saying mate but Klopp very rarely bombs a player out unless they ask to leave. The main issue is we failed to replace who left (Wijnaldum) and then when Tchouameni rejected us we decided nobody else was good enough.

So we’re still doing this?

Star Trek Wow GIF

I apologise for such a late reply, especially when the storm of his imminent move has probably blown over but I wasn’t in the best place to respond, as Klopp would put it…

In my opinion, seeing how Tchouameni and especially Camavinga are performing when called upon strikes me as good planning and start of a successful transition. In fact, I see similarities with their background and potential and that of their famed trio that won them five CL trophies and maybe there lies my jealousy of Real Madrid’s transfer business, at least the part other than the one where they go for the likes of Hazard just because they need a proven superstar to appease fans or whomever.

I do think that Bellingham’s signing will push one of Kroos and Modrić towards the exit door, though. They will be here in his first season to help smooth out the transition between the old and the new, which Real Madrid can afford, I guess.

Besides, when you have such three players who are playing at an inhuman level, especially relative to age and fitness (someone recently wrote that Modrić missed about twelve league games for Real Madrid since signing - imagine that…), it’s quite difficult break them apart and transition to a new team.

It’s a different subject but I really can’t say why they haven’t won more league titles. It might have something to do with Ancelotti, though, he’s never been known as master of leagues (I swear, he won them once in every league he’s managed just so people would get off his back and let him win CL!) but he’s been imperious in CL. I’ve been convinced that CL performance was the main reason why they hired him, aside from him obviously being one of the best coaches of all time.

I think they don’t care much as long as they are dominant in CL, however. I may sound like a proper idiot but I’d take two PL and five CL trophies in ten years over five PL and two CL trophies over the same period. Thankfully, I’ll never know such trophy haul in my time supporting Liverpool, so it’s a “moo point”, as Joey from Friends would put it.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/LiverpoolPhotox/status/1655839550147645440?s=20

:eyes: :thinking:

2 Likes

You would think that if he planned on staying another year there would not be so many reports of negotiations with other clubs.

That would require journalists actually publishing the truth, and we all know that can never happen, no newspapers would ever get sold

3 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me if this goes on all summer after all the main links to Madrid are from the usual mouth pieces.

4 Likes

Me neither. I don’t know how the big Spanish clubs get away with it, year after year after year.

2 Likes

England midfielder Jude Bellingham reportedly rejected a move from Borussia Dortmund to Manchester City as he did not want to move to a ‘plastic club’. (FourFourTwo)

Okay, he may choose Real over us but he’s still a top bloke if he actually said that.

12 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking: