Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

Relax. Optimistic isn’t an insult.

Journalists say all kinds of things and Klopp expresses his admiration for a number of players.

Even if we made an unsuccessful bid in the summer, how does that translate into a done deal?

I hope you’re right, but I’m not convinced.

🥇| Liverpool are leading the race to sign Jude Bellingham next summer. [

@mcgrathmike

]

looking forward to the parade!

No one has said it’s a confirmed deal, what people are speculating is all the noise from a lot of people who have contacts in both clubs is very positive and has been for some time.

It was made clear he was not moving this summer, yet the noise hasn’t gone away.

It’s 2 + 2 = 5 potentially, but its rare for Klopp to talk about prospect signings by name, usually when that happens he’s had multiple positive talks with said player and a deal is quite progressed.

So to say its just rumours isn’t right, it’s a lot of not normal noise.

As i said, I really hope you’re right, but I won’t be getting excited until there’s something firm from the player or club.
As Gasband said, for it to happen the player will have to be determined to come to us and willing to take lower pay and face a greater challenge.
We’ll see.

I just look at the history of players we made our top priority, we ended up with them. Alisson, Van Dijk etc. Top clubs wanted them, and offered more money.

But yes nothing is done.

This is true, the modern day tug of war is far more over getting the player on side than it is winning hte bidding war. See Utd with Frenkie and Chelsea with Kounde and Rafinha…pursuing deals for a player with the club despite the player telling his advisors he wouldnt sign for them.

There are surely others, but the last I can think of that really was an “outbid” situation was Mo, where we were close to signing a deal before Chelsea offered Basal way more and took it out of Mo’s hands. All the ones that are often positioned like that…like Sanchez, Mrkitarian, Willian…were more cases where the player just didnt want to sign for us

We did? And they said no?

Did we?

Not done in terms of deals signed, but verbal agreements in place that kind of thing.

Based on reputable journalists, and our approach to the market this year.

1 Like

That’s what some journalists said recently, Valdeverde also.

It’s not done until it’s done. So there’s a fair chance Bellingham might go to Real Madrid or an oil club. There’s also a fair chance he will come here.

There has been lots of smoke around this one for a while, and journalists like Winter have said it’s on. The player has also given hints through social media, who he likes, who he is photographed with, the players he name checks, and so on.

Character is hugely important to us and all that side checks out too. He is mature beyond his years, and while he is getting well paid now, and will be getting very well paid in his next move, there’s a sense in which accumulating the most amount of money in his bank account is not his primary motivation.

He wants the right club. The right manager. The right platform on which to shine.

We have as good a chance as anyone else, and I’m of the view that it is a long way down the road with us, but again, nothing is done until it’s done.

3 Likes

Where I sit too.

My gut feeling is that the major roadblock to Jude joining is us finishing in the Top 4 this season. No CL = no Jude.

4 Likes

Every game he plays I feel less optimistic about signing him.

Bayern will want to sign him because he’s a Dortmund player and they always like them some of that.
PSG will want to sign him because MBappe has demanded it, and wants them to gazump Real
RM want to sign him because they twats, and have already offloaded an aging midfield for most of Jude’s fee.
Barca want to sign him so that they can put him on the market when he’s doesn’t half his salary, and they also want to activate lever 8,9 and 10.
City want to sign him because they have been told that he will cost only £50m on the books as long as they pay the agents wife’s sister daughter a management free of £75m. The have also seen footage of him playing right back.
Newcastle want to sign him so that he can play with his brother and all his close relatives that have already been signed. He has also been offered up to 4 wives.
Man U want to sign him because they believe everyone wants to play in the Europa league and talk to Fergie.
Chelsea want to sign him because Boehly believes he gets 2 free draft picks in the first round and three charity shields.

We want to sign him because we need him, the no 8 is available, and we have an already made song for him.

4 Likes

Doesn’t hype himself up in the media and zero talk from his agent about his future. That’s classy and thats for me the biggest hint that he will join us.

6 Likes

Looked very impressive last night. Can’t believe how much influence he appears to have in that Dortmund team for his age, pointing and shouting at his teammates like he’s running the show. (not sure if they listen to him mind!)

4 Likes

Most of Bellinghams social media interview clips that ask questions about past and present players almost always gets answered with our club being his favourite.

I know his old man is a massive LFC fan which is where it probably stems from,watching LFC games with him as a kid,I’m of the opinion that he doesn’t seem to be one of these money orientated players looking for the biggest financial deal,but one where he’ll get both a good wage and the chance to improve himself and play at the top level to win things at a club that means something to him and his family.

Maybe I’m talking BS and looking at it from what I’d do as an LFC supporter but surely there are still players out there with more about them than just playing for money or the new rich club on the block,which is the impression i get from Bellingham.

3 Likes

I Like Swimsuit GIF by MOODMAN

Hahaha!!

1 Like

Don’t know if it will happen, but it seems inevitable to me. :sunglasses: