Liverpool vs Arsenal | PL Matchday 31| Sunday April 9th 16:30

With the preference of Arsenal winning the PL over the cheaty cunts, today is a difficult one for us.

Ideally we want top 4, but i think a season out the CL with all the pressure it brings may benefit us.

The rebuild is gonna be massive, and if we do bring in the players being plastered all over the media, then the desire for instant results is going to weigh massively on the team, and if they don’t come straight away we will be back to where we are now.

Europa league ( or whatever it is ) and a decent showing in the PL and cups whilst rebuilding the squad and tactics is where we need to be i think.

1 Like

We need an uptick in form and losses don’t generally help in that regard.

This season is not over in the sense that we have to turn the corner now if there is any hope for 4th or 5th next season. Pre-season is not going to magically transform us.

Arsenal are the “best” in the league right now and we have to put a marker down (if possible of course - given our current form) for next season.

1 Like

I still expect Ray Houghton to foul him and take the red card. Too honest for our own good even back then.

1 Like

Some have alluded that they “don’t mind if we lose.” Same difference to me really.

Personally if we don’t win the league then I don’t really care who does.

I think we’ll win today and also city then will beat arsenal.

Three points to the reds, please. If that screws Arsenal, so be it. In fact, good. Imagine getting their act together for the first time in over a decade and winning the league on their first fucking go.

2 Likes

Sums it up for me. I will massively resent them getting their day in the sun and all the celebrations it involves when we have been denied it 4 fucking times, once by Covid and 3 times by those cheating manc cunts. I don’t care if Abu Dhabi win it as none of it will matter when they are finally found guilty.

2 Likes

Absolutely, the difficult for us comment was more aimed at our form i suppose and the form Arsenal are in, even if we are at home.

We need a good performance, we know it’s there. We are a true Jekyll and Hide

Yeah, that’s where I’m at, but closely watching the Arsenal balance sheet as well. I’m slowly getting to the point where the whole Premier League can catch fire and die in a smouldering heap to be honest.

2 Likes

I prefer Arsenal to win it but if they are to be champions theyll have to learn no one hands it to you…
They have to come here and get a result… which they havent for 11 years…if they do then good luck to them…if they dont…we’ll blow the title race wide open…

2 Likes

:100:. Hope we can somehow get a win, but this will be first game I’ve missed this season. Can’t face watching us get a tanking. Out on bikes with kids instead

Woke up with the feeling that Diaz will make the bench today.

Can we please just play…play like we used to play…pack defence, then attack like crazy…cmon boys…show us some fight…

Luis Diaz learned that as a Liverpool player he would not get anything from the ref. The opposition teams targeted him just like they did to Mo and Mane. In Klopp’s team, Diaz learned to use his strength, and he quickly learned to jump straight up after being fouled when the ref would inevitable say play on.

In the games leading up the Arses game, I remember teams kept targeting him in the first 20 minutes, safe in the knowledge that no yellow would be coming their way.

In that Arse game, the ref let all sorts of fouls go and lost control of the game. The Thomas the wanker Partey then did a wrestling move.

And then there was Klopp getting sent off when Salah was getting man handled in that first $hitty game this season.

So enough with this talk of those wanting us to lose today. Make the Arses earn the points.

Always want us to win regardless of anything else, even if it means “giving” United a title. As for who wins it, I don’t bother too much, but yeah it would be nice and refreshing for Arsenal to do it. Make it more interesting. They’re young, energetic, haven’t won it in a long time. Good to see different winners (if it’s not us!), not always the same ones. Doesn’t mean like today’s game decides everything, but they’re on a good way and I can only respect what they’re doing.

Again: nobody has said that.

2 Likes

Keep Dreaming Season 2 GIF by The Chi

No Nunez today. According to some twits on twitter.

Sadly it’s been some time since I’ve worried too much how we perform in a match. This season is a write-off imho. Totally disillusioned me.

A major reboot of the squad will be required this close season. Not getting my hopes up though under the present ownership, which is a horrible feeling.

It may be fair to say the ownership can’t afford a major squad overhaul but I think its also fair to say the manager is unlikely to want that. I bet he feels he just needs a couple of pieces to make it work again.

1 Like

Thing is, we already started replacing and adding new pieces, which should form our new team. It rarely happens in one summer. Our average age is still good, where it should be. But it needs to be more balanced out in a few areas, especially midfield of course. We need to offload a good number of players and get a few spot on ones, who will bring what we need the most. Then the rest will be about pre-season, work on the pitch, tactics, games, hopefully less injuries. Getting that new sporting director and sorting out what needs to be sorted in the medical department. All will not be solved only through transfers.

3 Likes