Liverpool vs. Porto: Champions League, 20:00 Wed 24th November 2021

They’re taking part in the open for public/warm up part, we don’t know if they’re in full training like preparation for the match. Sometimes some of our players just do the warm up with the team.

1 Like

You have a strange need to want others to be incorrect.

Just reporting what the reporters who are there are saying.

5 Likes

No, just saying.

A few weeks ago while watching that 15mins for media I thought we had Jones back fit, but he only did that open for public warm up and still wasn’t available, as Klopp later confirmed.

It’s good signs to have some players back, but we don’t know yet how much they’ll train when it closes.

I think we can be sure that Konate and Minamino start, they’re the two obvious senior players who were fit in the last game and both need/merit a game.

We’ll see if Williams is fit to play, since he wasn’t even on the bench against Arsenal. Bradley another option, though I’d prefer Neco of course. I expect Tsimi again and then a decision to be made if Robbo returns for Southampton. I think that might be how we do it at LB.

Thiago was at the press conference so my guess is that he starts. We can assume that Morton starts as well, we’ll see if he’s at #6 or RCM. Against Arsenal I thought Gordon would get some minutes, but he gave it to Morton, maybe as Anfield preparation to start on Wednesday.

I’ll be disappointed if par example Milner starts and we shift Thiago back to RCM, after his quality performance against Arsenal at LCM. I know Millie usually plays LCM, but let’s rather keep Thiago where he’s best, please.

I think we’ll look to protect Jota first, since we’re without Bobby, so we’ll see if it’s Taki as false #9 or maybe Origi can also start, in which case Taki can start in the left inside channel.

The rest I still expect some senior members to start and the rest to be kids and the old kid named Nat Phillips.

1 Like

Great to hear that about Jota…

Didn’t think it would be all to serious but you know what happens usually

2 Likes

We have dodged a bullet with Jota I see. Did not like the coalition with the Arsenal keeper at all Saturday.

1 Like

I thought he would be ok, Klopp tends not to leave them on in that situation

1 Like

I honestly thought our game was tonight.

Whoops.

Brilliant news that.

Presumably Keita still injured I guess.

Thiago will sadly almost certainly play after doing the player press conference.

Below team should be competitive enough and if it isn’t as long as noone 1st choice picks up another injury the way Jota did last season then I’ll be happy with that . Result is secondary to 1st choice players fitness. 3 important games in 7 days coming up…

Kelleher
Neco Konate Nat Robbo
Morton
Thiago Milner
Origi. Ox Minamino

1 Like

I think Thiago needs the minutes to be fair

5 Likes

That’s it we have to win! :smiley: Just to satisfy my lust for LFC wins, but that’s good enough for me, Thanks for the logic.

2 Likes

Fancy a bum?

Asking for a friend…

Sorry.

Busy watching the game.

1 Like

season 2 robot GIF by DREAM CORP LLC

Nat would be a good call against this shitty lot. Might even hurt one of them with a legal challenge.

2 Likes

Two goals in the next two games sees a English record of consecutive games scoring two goals or more

6 Likes

I think the £2.5m is being a bit over stated, our primary aim for the season will be to win the PL and/or the CL, maximising earnings along the way is important but not at the detriment of achieving this aim. I don’t think our owners will be putting any pressure on Klopp to play first team players in this match.

Like most I think we will see a mixture of first and second string players, and with 5 subs I expect some senior players to swap at half time. Would be nice to give Morton a CL start but could be too much to soon. I would also like to see someone other than Salah start at right foreword, we have plenty of options for CF and LF but the RF role looks a worry for me when Salah is away. Time to start the auditions.

——Keleher——-
Neco—Konate—Van Dyke—Kostas
——-Ox——Fab——Thiago——
——Mini—-Origi——Mane

Hendo and Morton to come on in the second half for Fab and Thiago, Matip or Philips for Van Dyke.

1 Like

Who is Van Dyke? Does he play in the U23?

Senior player, :crossed_fingers:he still has the legs for this game.

3 Likes

Don’t know who that bloke is or Van Dyke in your lineup.

Perhaps you mean Virgil van Dijk whom I would not play anyhow tonight.