Liverpool vs Real Madrid, Champions League Final @ Stade de France, 8pm in the UK [7pm GMT]

All goals lead to Paris

5 Likes

Means Klopp is due a win to level it up and he can’t technically draw the overall match.

2 Likes

The only player they have that I’m concerned about is Vinicius. The rest are either average, old, or those who others rate who I’ve always felt were bobbins. Eg Benzema.

1 Like

No individual particularly concerns me, its the collective that does. Between Modric, Casemiro, benzema, vinicius and Kroos they know how to make it happen.

Our squad too has know how which gives me comfort. Our squad is also fitter than their’s. We will just need to be calm and take our chances.

2 Likes

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

9 Likes

Someone had to bite the bullet and start the thread. Hope @wyld.at.hrt and his record is fine.

I’m nervous about this one. Hope Fabinho atleast gets ready for the finals otherwise the workhorses of Milner and Hendo are going to get absolutely battered.

Alli
Trent Konate VVD Robbo
Keita Fabinho Hendo
Mo Mane Diaz

This would be my starting XI with a kickup Robbo’s backside reminding him that he better not be the headless chicken that he was against Wolves (for the majority of the match)

I’m not nearly a sentimental type or one prone for superstitions. But We haven’t lost a match where Konate has started. For this final alone, I think he’ll do the job.

For me it was very tough choosing between him and Matip , but I reckon Konate with his physicality is far better equipped to deal with Vinicus.

1 Like

The one counter is that Vinicius in behind trent is likely to be their go to look. Ibou’s cover pace would likely be very beneficial in plugging that gap.

For me my main concern with the game is that we’ve looked tired the last few weeks. Understandably so, but unless we can shake that off we lose one of the biggest advantages we have over an old midfield that has been repeatedly overran in this season.

2 Likes

Yeap we’ve looked really tired and crappy teams score against us. Early.

If we are not careful, there won’t be a chance for ET cause if they score 2 (or even 1) they’ll start the special Broadway show called “Dark Cats, I mean Dark Arts”

1 Like

Matip is probably quicker than both Konate and VVD. But it’s the physicality that matters more w.r.t Vinicus.

Any other match , any other opponent. I’d have Matip starting ahead of Konate in a heartbeat.

Don’t forget Bangladeshi time for @Iftikhar and Australian time for our friends Down Under. Oh, and the time zones across North America for all our members over there. And everyone else all over the world.

Here’s an idea: just put the time the game kicks off for British viewers (Liverpool is a team based in the UK, after all) and let everyone look up the time locally.

Or don’t put the time at all.

5 Likes

This is the first time since March we haven’t had a midweek game.

2 Likes

Why does this guy look like a young donald trump (sorta) ?

Maybe @SBYM can say considering he’s a huge wrestling fan

You’re a bit behind, mate. It’s May.

1 Like

It is indeed.

2 Likes

With five subs allowed we can afford to start Fabinho or Thiago at less than 100% fitness.

If both are unfit then Hendo with Keita and Jones. @Mascot spoke about Elliot as an option, and in some ways that makes sense energy wise. But this game will be measured and Curtis just shades it on experience.

I would start Salah, Mane and Diaz up front. Jota and Bobby on the bench.
I think Matip just shades it beside VVD.

After the fucking doldrums of yesterday post match I started stressing about this one.
Just win.

Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

3 Likes

Thiago won’t play this match.

I’ll rephrase it. Matip while tracking back is quicker than Konate and VVD

You cannot be sure.
No one can until Klopp says he wont.

1 Like