Liverpool vs Real Madrid| CL Round of 16| Tuesday 21st February, 20:00 | Anfield

I’m up for that bet if you like :slight_smile: Will take the edge off a bit if we don’t progress! PM me your chosen charity and I’ll send you mine!

1 Like

Happy to put it here, Brain Tumour UK please.

Good news about their midfield. We suddenly don’t seem too inferior, at least if we witness the derby version of Henderson and Fabinho and the Bacjetic of late, that is.
The bad news is that Courtois is travelling, after having hope of facing their vastly inferior second goalie…still have nightmares of him beating us almost single-handedly (no pun intended).
If we play even better than our last two games, which I expect we will (given that VVD, Jota and Firmino just got their first minutes and can build on that with better, less rusty performances), and if Nunez is ok, I think we may have a chance to win at Anfield, which is a minimum requirement to take as a result to Bernabeu as far as I’m concerned.

1 Like

They are all corrupt, incompetent bastards who have a rabid loathing of Liverpool football club, and who are hell bent on our destruction, followed by demolition of the city and eradication of all things scouse.

Ron Burgundy Anchorman GIF

Enjoy being miserable for the next 24 hours

5 Likes

Jurgen just said there’s a chance Darwin can play, see how he deals with the pain. :slightly_smiling_face:

So happy days, sounds at least like there’s no injury of any significance… just something that’s painful short term :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

RM’s recent run of results reads WWWWL. If you exclude the two recent club world cup games, which they both won, it reads WWLWD. Not absolute top drawer form, but still very solid, very Ancelotti-like solid.

On the other hand, all teams they have faced aren’t in the top drawer. It’s one thing to beat Elche 4 nil, but we can be a very different beast on our day.

So, everything hinges on whether we can deliver a top performance, stay solid at the back, and score the necessary goals upfront. Fingers crossed for our lads to discover their best form of the season so far on Tuesday night! :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

The supporters will be up for it anyway! :+1:

4 Likes

6-1

1 Like

WWWWLL

Jeez what a press conference, too much about the final in Paris than about tomorrow.

:man_facepalming:t2:

Klopp says he watched the final for the first time over the weekend, without sound. Seems like he might have watched the same thing I watched two times since last summer.

If is a word that gets in our way…
Only for if we would be happy today…
So my old mum used to say.

If we get off to a good start tomorrow…
If we get some confidence into the team early…
If we get roared on by the Anfield faithful from the off…
If we remember who we are and how good we are…
We will tear these apart tomorrow night and virtually dump them out of the CL :0)

I’ll be at Anfield tomorrow night. I’ve known I’d be at this game pretty much since the draw was made, and given our form had been quite poor up until the last couple of weeks, I’d resigned myself to it being a horrible experience.

My mood has changed significantly with the last couple of results though, and I’m buzzing to get there now. Gonna be loud, going to be difficult for Madrid, and hopefully we can catch them out and take a lead to Madrid. They will think they can beat anyone at their own ground on their day (as we think about the reds). They’ve not had it all plain sailing in the CL this season, and worth remembering that they looked to be down and out a couple of times during the knock outs, to then pull it out the bag. Hoping this seasons our season of miracles, and not theirs.

Unchanged line up please. Hope Darwin’s fine to start! if not, Jota time?

5 Likes

I wonder how long it will take them to target his shoulder. Accidentally of course.

Thankfully Ramos isn’t in their team anymore! He was their main shit house.

To be frank, they don’t really have shit-houses left in their squad. All of them are somehow gone. Maybe Rudiger could be one given his antics at the world cup?

…apart from Ancelotti

1 Like

Not that I know of. Rather WWWWLW.

real madrid results - Google Suche;

Those knees up to his waist style running he intentionally put on……only to get humbled by the Japanese had me in tatters. :rofl:

Watched Barcelona in the EL last week and they didn’t appear to be anything special. Yet they are eight points ahead of Real in the League. Real’s form isn’t a concern for me, our form is what worries me.

1 Like