Liverpool vs Southampton: FA Cup fifth round, February 28, Wednesday, 20:00

Mitch?

1 Like

Guess who left a late one on him deep in extra time?

Apparently it’s just precautionary, and those boots are air cushioned, proactive measures to aid recovery from impact and bruising. It aids total rest of the football They are more common that we realise.

He should be OK for Forest, but should obvs be nowhere near the Saints game.

4 Likes

Why should Kelleher be nowhere near this?

Is the poor guy tired of his illustrious 50 games as a 25-year old?

2 Likes

He’d have to start on the (far) right wing.

1 Like

Have heard that argument, but I still think on balance we wouldn’t want the extra games. Everton are shite, and we’ll beat them whenever we play them.

Because we are an injury to a Goalkeeper (who himself isn’t a stranger to an injury) away from starting Adrian against City.

This doesn’t make sense.

Cases like Villa in 19/20 are one in a hundred years. This is not such a case.

The rest, we’re taking games like these more seriously than many fans are. Proven.

We have to learn to separate our fears from how the coaching staff usually does things.

Unless we’re turning from “we are Liverpool” to “we are mediocrity”.

6 Likes

Kelleher 120 min
VVD 120 min :x:
Endo 120 min :x:
Elliott 120 min :x:
Diaz 120 min :x:
Konate 105 min :x:
Gomez 92 min
Robertson 87 min :x:
Mac Allister 87 min
Gakpo 87 min
Bradley 72 min
Clark 38 min
Gravenberch 28 min :x:
Tsimikas 23 min
McConnell 23 min
Danns 23 min
Quansah 15 min

Kelleher
Bradley Quansah Gomez Tsimikas
Clark Allister McConnell
Danns Gakpo xxx

5 Likes

I can’t believe that we are struggling to find a left sided forward. I thought all our forwards were left-hookers.

Koumas to the rescue.

Make sure you have a stretcher and a coffin.

Looks like Nunez should be ok for a few mins! Heart in mouth moment for Curtis tho nearly shoved down the stairs!

https://youtube.com/shorts/jtatjdeJGaA?si=C328gydcRTHuJLoR

I can understand the trepidation but I don’t want us to bin the game off wholly.

Imagine if it went the other way, where we clearly give up on the fa cup but then slip up in the league and end up with nothing.

I also don’t really think it’s in our dna to do so either. As fans all we can hope for is no further injuries, but I doubt Klopp is throwing in the towel here, sends the wrong message.

He’ll be playing kids though, not that he has a choice.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Wouldn’t want to risk MacAllister either tbh, maybe a cameo from the bench if needed. Move Gakpo back to midfield and play Koumas.

1 Like

Mac Allister should be spared. But we should field one senior midfielder, right?

1 Like

Kelleher - Bradley - Gomez - Quansah - Tsimikas

Clark - Szloboslai - McConnell

Danns - Nunez - Gakpo

Mixture of youth and experience. Obviously we don’t know how close Nunez and Salah are to fitness but hopefully at least one of them can start. We can bring on McAllister, Robbo and maybe either VVD or Konate for the last 10 or 15 minutes.

1 Like

Ummm … Endo and Elliott played 120’, we should also spare Mac, Szobo is just returning from injury, all others are injured … whom to field then?

Oh, I think we might have a solution:

5 Likes

This is a must win game.

…if we want to progress to the next round.

Nvm, the fact the textbox on TAN doesn’t register the gaps between sentences kinda kills this one.

4 Likes

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

6 Likes