Liverpool vs Southampton: FA Cup fifth round, February 28, Wednesday, 20:00

Thank goodness no one inside the club seems to think like us lot. If anyone is listening, they constantly repeat that they take each game as it comes.
The players who are exhausted or carrying knocks won’t play this game, a lot of youngsters will, but you can be sure that they’ll all be doing their best to get to the next round.

6 Likes

Southampton team news:

• Russell Martin will be without Juan Larios and Ross Stewart through injury.
  • Flynn Downes is close to making a full return from injury.
1 Like

Is there a presser for this one?

1:30h

3 Likes

According to Klopp:

Gravenberch ruled out for the next two or three games. Could have been worse.

Endo proper knock.

3 Likes

Happy enough with that update. I reckon Dom/Mo/Nunez will all make the bench tomorrow. It’ll be a team of mostly kids with a few senior players sprinkled in, and hopefully enough to beat Sot’on, who’ve been mostly shite this season.

3 Likes

FIFY

2 Likes

Aside from the Bobby Stokes goal obviously

Presser:

• Ryan’s not available. Ligament injury. Could have been much worse.
  • “Only the very young boys trained yesterday.I hope and pretty positive that it will be a decent lineup.”
  • Big atmosphere at Anfield needed.
  • Not underestimating Southampton
  • No timescale on Thiago
  • squad is deeper than it was this season (because of kids)
7 Likes

Important update

Well, at least he didn’t just say that they were breaking him up for spare parts.

1 Like

Klopp also mentioned Bajčetić is getting closer, he mentioned something like he does not understand why Stefan is not yet ready for team training, but he has to trust the medical staff on that.

So I guess we might see Bajčetić playing again in a few weeks.

Happy with that to be fair, guess we may get clues with some training photos later.

Could have been far worse

It was basically the same last time he spoke about it, so I don’t think it’s near. Might still see him this season, but it didn’t sound like it’s a matter of days or a week or two.

To me, it sounds like he could be back in about a month (maybe after internatiinal break?). But, as we have learned this season, it can be earlier or (unfortunately more likely) much later.

Yeah waiting for the Green light suggests closer than most.

It was the same the last time, waiting for the green light.

‘Do you remember what happened to Boxer in Animal Farm? That.’

1 Like

Boxer was the glue that held the team together…lopsided as it was… all those right winger pigs.

I think this is good….but on the bench
Salah, Nunez, VVD, Konate, Robbo, Adrian, Sboz?