Liverpool vs Southampton: FA Cup fifth round, February 28, Wednesday, 20:00

Xxx is the next break out talent

1 Like

Thinking Jurgen will be already honing the team in readiness for the Cheaters match on the 10th March - Its what is called a six pointer is it notā€¦

Maybe, maybe not. I suspect more the latter since 3 points against City donā€™t mean that much if we donā€™t get 3 points against Forest.

Thereā€™s still 1.5 weeks and 3 games before then.

Meant more towards nursing back the sick in readinessā€¦ The Cheaters game will be huge - First choice eleven would be the main aim, using the Forest game for some fine tuning

I think having them fit for the rest of the season is more valuable. Not sure he would risk players for any game if theyā€™re not assured to be ready, especially given the experiences so far this season. Better for some to sit out an extra game than to miss a few.

So, whatā€™s the story with Endo?

Sorry, I just woke up.

ā€œProper knockā€

I read that as he will play the full 90 tomorrow and get a brace.

1 Like

Proper knock, left Wembley in a boot, was walking without one yesterday and with no ill effects so I assume it was a precaution.

https://x.com/BBCSport/status/1762517916170228153?s=20

Interesting to hear, I have to say I end up watching it a lot.

1 Like

Iā€™d say most of the team that ended on Sunday are at least Championship quality tbh. Sprinkle in a bit of gold dust and weā€™re laughing.

Itā€™s like the wise man said: You have to play them one game at a time. Iā€™m just trying to help the team. And the good lord willing things will work out.

Some of the kids surely have earned the right to start this game. Bradley definitely should start (unless Klopp wants Gomez to start in mind of starting Bradley for Forest). Quansah for VVD. Forwards we should look to rest at least one of Diaz, Gakpo and Elliot and play Danns from the start. Midfield I think starting Clark, McConell and Macalister might be realistic. Its not just about resting players especially we are in a injury situation but its also these youths have proven they want to play and are willing to dig in despite their lack of experience.

Heā€™s fast and furious.

1 Like

Can you explain that to me please, surely it is this season and nothing has changed!

I paraphrased what he said. Essentially he was talking about the number of academy graduates that can now be seriously looked upon as first team choices. They add depth to the squad that would not have realistically been there in previous seasons.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a good job we didnā€™t send them out on loan or something else isnā€™t it. Like this they actually get game time.

While i feel that the Anfield factor will help us to reach the next round tonight I am very concerned for the away game on Saturday.

Sooner or later the injuries will cost us.

Yeah, but youā€™re always negative. Itā€™s your way of managing expectations.

7 Likes

It does feel like playing a videogame with only one life left. Somehow we keep reaching the next level intact. Just enjoy the ride whilst it lasts.

5 Likes

Well, theyā€™re needed for the U21ā€™s (and now for us), they also need a team. Some of them are even quite young for that team, thatā€™s how we do it. And then the best are called up if theyā€™re viewed as ā€œeliteā€. We already have quite a few out on loans. Itā€™s about the right timing also. Sometimes itā€™s better for a young player to remain at Kirkby, sometimes heā€™s absolutely ready and in need of a loan (like Bradley was).

I just do nervous poos.