Liverpool vs Southampton: FA Cup fifth round, February 28, Wednesday, 20:00

Too much information!

3 Likes

Yeah, why ruin the fun by fretting over what might/will happen.

I was doing one when I posted that.

It is entirely possible the injuries will catch up with us itā€™s also possible the youth have mitigated this unlike previously.

Itā€™s about rotating and slowly getting them back.

There has only been a desperate situation within the last month up to Matip it was low level rotation of them.

Key positions may yet scupper us but we will see.

Based on probable fitnessā€¦

Kelleher

Bradley
Gomez
Quansah
Tsimikas

Clark
McConnell
MacAllister

Elliot
Danns
Gakpo

Diaz was spent on Sunday, he will rest.

Hopefully Salah, Nunez and Szoboszlai on the bench

Elliott was also spent on Sunday, played full 120ā€™ (and then he just collapsed to the ground); as well as full 90ā€™ last Wednesday. I do not think he starts today. Probably Gordon or Koumas for him.

3 Likes

Gakpo can do a job on both sides to allow another winger in.

And yeah, I certainly donā€™t expect Diaz to start. Klopp said he was finished near the end of the game, we flipped to what it seemed like more of a assymetrical 4-4-2 so he doesnā€™t have to track back as much, instead Clark defended that side for him.

2 Likes

Yep. Expecting a front line of Gordon/Gakpo/Danns

3 Likes

My team

Adrian
Bradley Gomez Quansah Tsimikas
McConnell
Clark Nyoni
Gordan Danns Gakpo

Roll the dice and see what happens. Hopefully weā€™ll have done big guns to bring on late if help is needed.

1 Like

To see out a 3-0 win? Yeah. Gotta give those big guns some experience.

If itā€™s tight with 20 to go, then Hopefull we can turn to Salah, Nunez, Robbo, Van Dijk etc.

But we really donā€™t want to be playing first teamers tonight.

1 Like

It was a joke about the strength of our kids.

Iā€™m just going to go with my same old, doesnā€™t matter who plays, I just want the win with no injuries.

Iā€™m in a bit of a what will be will be mood. But I would quite like to see Nyoni get some time on the pitch. Heā€™s very young, but there is already quite a bit of hype around him.

I wouldā€™ve liked to see him first get some minutes off the bench, before having full start. Especially paired with two other kids, only a little bit more experienced than him. That doesnā€™t look like well balanced, not even for the kids as individuals to show themselves and more importantly than that as always, for Liverpool to win the game.

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I think Mac and Gakpo start (as well as 1 of Gomez or Virg). A senior figure in all departments as I donā€™t think Klopp would ever go into a game as underdogsā€¦which is essentially what weā€™d be doing going with Nyoni Mcconnell and Clark.

2 AM kick-off :zzz:

McConnell was pretty good as the #6 in the Norwich game, but he can also plays as #8. Mac could possibly play the #6 tonight (and give us 45-60 minutes if the result is fine) in a physically less demanding role, allowing McConnell at RCM and Clark at LCM. Could see something like that.

1 Like

Milner would have been ideal in midfield for a game like this.

Yeah, but it doesnā€™t help him catch Barry.

:joy:

1 Like

Liverpool & Academy FC

https://twitter.com/LewisBower2021/status/1762877970442539341?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1762878556827263177|twgr^|twcon^s2_&ref_url=