Trent Matip Quansah Tsimikas
Endo
Elliot Gravenberch
Doak Jota Jones

Maybe swap Elliott and Jones?

Left wing is a concern.

1 Like

Union SG team news by WhoScored:

• Dennis Eckert is the only omission for the visitors here.
1 Like

Phew, real danger man there.

1 Like

I wonder if this means Alisson, Adrian, or even more tantalisingly, Jaros.

1 Like

I was just about to post this. I thought Adrian was only available as a break glass option for this competition.

Alisson or Jaros? I think it depends on how many other fringe players we are starting with. I’d be tempted to give Jaros a shot but I wouldn’t want to start him with an already makeshift defence.

3 Likes

I’d much rather Jaros start than Adrian but I expect it’ll be the Spaniard.

I hope it’s Alisson frankly.

1 Like

I’d prefer it to be Jaros. What’s the point in having promising youngsters if they never get any game time?

3 Likes

I’m not sure it’ll be a makeshift defence, would it? We have everyone back in defence, so it’s literally players who would have had significant experience playing with each other already. I’d imagine it would be Gomez, Konaté, Quansah, and Tsimikas across the backline (with potentially Matip in for one of the two central defenders).

Also, at Anfield, so I’d imagine it would be a much better place for him to make his debut.

2 Likes

I want us to qualify so we can bin it off until March not have to play another round and go to the final game day.

Rather have Alisson in and keep it 0-0 than have Jaros in and send our players who really need a rest to chase it.

2 Likes

So you’re assuming Jaros is so crap he’s going to gift USG a goal or two?

If that were the case, he wouldn’t be on our books.

2 Likes

He also wouldn’t be 4th choice behind Adrian if he was good.

Goalkeeping is simply not an area I would take a chance. If anything he probably should have been on the bench against Leicester and he wasn’t.

1 Like

I think that says more about Klopp’s (and, to be fair, most managers’) inherent conservatism when it comes to bringing players off the bench than it does about Jaros’ ability.

1 Like

Forgot about that, so it’s Alisson, Jaros, Mrozek, or Pitaluga.

1 Like

Who Is This Owl GIF

Last time I saw Jaros play regularly he by far the best young goalkeeper I’d seen at this club - head and shoulders above Kelleher - but admittedly that was several years ago now and he had two fairly significant injuries since then including head and arm injuries.

2 Likes

Adrian is not in the EL squad.

Either Alisson/Jaros/Pitaluga

3 Likes

Well spotted. I see that Mrozek is also included amongst our goalkeepers.

Here’s the full squad, in case anyone needs to refresh their memory:

1 Like