Luis Diaz (LW) Porto

Yes, we’ll never win a major trophy without him.

7 Likes

OK what are you trying to say? Rodgers was useless? FFS he almost won us the prem.

1 Like

Nobody is irreplaceable. Suarez wasn’t, we just did a terrible job of it. Salah isn’t either. It’s just difficult.

4 Likes

No, not useless. But certainly had character flaws that led to the decline of a promising side that came close to winning the title.

You’re implying Rodgers had little or no cash to spend. He had the money from both the Suarez and Sterling sales, and he fought the recruitment team to bring in players such as Benteke who were a poor fit for the team he had. And rather than take responsibility for such poor decision making he continued to blame everybody else.

He ultimately got sacked because he wouldn’t stop fighting others within the club.

4 Likes

Granted - it is a figure of speech. Not meant to be taken literally. The context was that Suarez was central to that squad. He was goal scorer, provider , talisman and brought others into the game. We were awesome. When he left it was a massive hole to fill. You just have to see what he achieved at Barca afterwards to really appreciate that. Utterly brilliant. And our replacement - Benteke. A very good player, but no Suarez.

BR chat here:

4 Likes

He wasn’t the replacement, he came the following season - at Brendan’s behest having missed out on Bony. After spending a season watching a team struggle with little pace his option was this guy, while waving goodbye to Raheem the same window.

Luis Suarez hungry? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Klopp had already brought the belief and passion back to the club, well before he sold Coutinho. Can’t believe we’re comparing

2 Likes

Admittedly I don’t particularly like the guy. But overnight he went from a guy who almost won the prem (but for a slip by Stevie G) to a pariah. I’m not sure how much say he had at the time about transfers. He didn’t want Balotelli but got him anyway, so I suspect not much. Klopp has had a much greater say in transfers, which is to the good. All I’m trying to do, is have a balanced view of Rodgers. Don’t particularly like him, but had he won the prem we would be eulogising him. One slip and the fate of history turns against you. Klopp had a stroke of luck with Coutinho going, otherwise he would not have been able to buy our world class spine. Would we have won the chams league and the prem? Often the things that screw or make us are outside of our control.

Yes indeed, but we’d won fuck all.

I’m not comparing. I’m just pointing out that the situation for Rodgers was somewhat exacerbated by his star player leaving. Is that so hard to understand?

For anyone in the UK Diaz is currently playing vs Peru on Freesports tv. Only touched it twice so far in 20 minutes though, grrr.

2 Likes

I hope he comes. He looks like class from the games he played against us.

Leave your knob alone. We haven’t had a lean yet.

7 Likes

Keeping out of danger :wink: Good lad.

3 Likes

Bein Sport 1 in Australia.

Edit - not sure this is much of a football match though with the number of stoppages.

Luis Diaz, excited by his forthcoming move to the mighty Liverpool FC, decides to check fan forums to see what Kopites make of his arrival. What does he find? A load of chat about somebody called Brendan Rodgers who he’s never heard of.
Hurt and disappointed, he calls his agent to cancel the deal!

7 Likes

What’s strange is that I remember him not wanting him, the second we got him, which sums the man up (media slut).

Now everyone stop posting non-Diaz stuff, I keep on having to read 20+ posts to see if we have signed him already. My refresh finger needs a break.

1 Like

Just trying to give a balanced, fair assessment. It’s what scousers are famous for. Now off into our great city to enjoy the rest of the evening.