Major League Baseball

That was a fun one!

1 Like

Pirates have called up Paul Skenes. Kid has a 0.99 ERA this year, 100mph avg fastball, 45 strikeouts in 27 innings. Scheduled to start tomorrow against the Cubs.

Keller, Jones and Skenes: their rotation sounds like a law-firm.

Dodgers-Mets doubleheader today. They randomly decided to show the USA’s goal against Wales in the 22 World Cup on the big screen. Felt that was a bit fucking unnecessary.

The respect for Shohei is wild. Every AB he gets a standing o, even from the gnarliest looking Mets fans.

4 Likes

Meanwhile Mookie is being overlooked somehow! He’s like the Bobby of baseball. Absolute joy to watch.

Angel Hernandez is forced into retirement.

3 Likes

I know this isn’t MLB, but :flushed:

https://x.com/kendallbaker/status/1798434511786791332?t=xienSJuiVIt0x121XkpwOQ&s=19

1 Like

Throw in coach!

3 Likes

Some of the merch they’re selling at the Phils Muts game in London today. :thinking:

4 Likes

Looks like they took inspiration from the dreaded half and half scarfs

4 Likes

I await the half and half TAN @cynicaloldgit and @Flobs shirts

3 Likes

My hypothetical half would be black, to reflect my nihilism.

His half would never be finished, because he would forever be arguing with the designers.

2 Likes

My niece and her family (from the Philadelphia area) are in London for the series. She/husband/daughter all big Phillies fans, as am I.

Having a wonderful time there. Haven’t been able to communicate much, but will have a full report once they return.

She knows literally nothing about footy. She asked what this “West Ham stuff” was about. I told her if she sees any one with two crossed hammers on a shirt, to give them a cross-armed greeting. Also warned if they were wearing blue, to be careful as they may be Millwall. I would like her to be safe :smile:

3 Likes

I am going to call you Ranger from now.

Irregards,

Teo Hernandez

1 Like

One of my wife’s favourite non-Phillies players, but only because she likes to say “Tea, Oscar?” in the worst “British” accent since Dick Van Dyke.

2 Likes

Dear Teo,

On behalf of my friend Ranger, please limit your critique until you can master my goal celebration

Fondly,

Bryce Harper

2 Likes

Dear Bryce:

You try that slide with me and you’ll be dealing with Arthur Shelby.

Regards,

Tyler

1 Like

I know at one point there were some Bauer defenders on here and so thought this is worth familiarizing with
https://x.com/lindseyhillll/status/1804191754469675024?s=61&t=VxX1vHU3NOwwNhlbyICG-g

1 Like

As a Dodger fan, I am still shocked at the shoddy background check and relieved they cut him and still shocked at the shoddy background check.

PS: get well soon, Mookie.

I guess I knew it was like this for those Deep South farm teams, but this is still shocking - particularly coming from such a tower of individual strength like Jackson.

https://x.com/jeffkolbfox4/status/1803925988033860069?s=46&t=n1y4XE1Llqpu31kwX9cYYg&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR0BDrxEB102ASgXt5VOFxfm9NfilUDG3ckyo826vFx-FA612gQKyzpK-KQ_aem_iMkWqmdgN6J0n1e4U58CCg

4 Likes

People treat this like it was from some long gone era. He is young enough that he played damn near into the 90s. He is the same age as Tommy Smith.

4 Likes