Major League Baseball

That was a fun one!

1 Like

Pirates have called up Paul Skenes. Kid has a 0.99 ERA this year, 100mph avg fastball, 45 strikeouts in 27 innings. Scheduled to start tomorrow against the Cubs.

Keller, Jones and Skenes: their rotation sounds like a law-firm.

Dodgers-Mets doubleheader today. They randomly decided to show the USA’s goal against Wales in the 22 World Cup on the big screen. Felt that was a bit fucking unnecessary.

The respect for Shohei is wild. Every AB he gets a standing o, even from the gnarliest looking Mets fans.

4 Likes

Meanwhile Mookie is being overlooked somehow! He’s like the Bobby of baseball. Absolute joy to watch.

Angel Hernandez is forced into retirement.

3 Likes

I know this isn’t MLB, but :flushed:

https://x.com/kendallbaker/status/1798434511786791332?t=xienSJuiVIt0x121XkpwOQ&s=19

Throw in coach!

2 Likes

Some of the merch they’re selling at the Phils Muts game in London today. :thinking:

3 Likes

Looks like they took inspiration from the dreaded half and half scarfs

4 Likes

I await the half and half TAN @cynicaloldgit and @Flobs shirts

2 Likes

My hypothetical half would be black, to reflect my nihilism.

His half would never be finished, because he would forever be arguing with the designers.

1 Like

My niece and her family (from the Philadelphia area) are in London for the series. She/husband/daughter all big Phillies fans, as am I.

Having a wonderful time there. Haven’t been able to communicate much, but will have a full report once they return.

She knows literally nothing about footy. She asked what this “West Ham stuff” was about. I told her if she sees any one with two crossed hammers on a shirt, to give them a cross-armed greeting. Also warned if they were wearing blue, to be careful as they may be Millwall. I would like her to be safe :smile:

3 Likes

I am going to call you Ranger from now.

Irregards,

Teo Hernandez

1 Like

One of my wife’s favourite non-Phillies players, but only because she likes to say “Tea, Oscar?” in the worst “British” accent since Dick Van Dyke.

2 Likes

Dear Teo,

On behalf of my friend Ranger, please limit your critique until you can master my goal celebration

Fondly,

Bryce Harper

2 Likes

Dear Bryce:

You try that slide with me and you’ll be dealing with Arthur Shelby.

Regards,

Tyler

1 Like