Martin Zubimendi (DM) Real Sociedad

The same people who first broke news of us being close to a deal that turned out to be this one are also reporting there is additional activity ongoing. We are privy to a tiny amount of the details of our planning. Stop judging it as if everything you read is true and nothing is happening that you havent read about.

3 Likes

NO! PANIC! TOYS OUT OF THE PRAM!!!

Transfer season is well and truly underway.

5 Likes

If he doesnā€™t fancy it now itā€™ll be because heā€™s had a change of heart, not that we didnā€™t have indication from him that he was open to coming here initially.

If heā€™s changed his mind, so be it. Canā€™t blame anyone there. But Iā€™m still thinking itā€™s just a case of Sociedad painting a narrative because they want us to pay the buyout fee and theyā€™re losing Merino too.

1 Like

Rich people in a first world country have easy access to every type of cuisine. They can also make their own food, or even have a chef make it for them.

Yes, it might be slightly different to home and what you grew up with. So you will have to make do with trebling your salary, competing for the highest prizes in the sport at a global giant, and having the ability to make regular short trips back home to fill your belly with some of what you miss. And who knows, you might find that you like some other foods that you havenā€™t been as exposed to.

I think a PR battle is playing out.

His club will want to show that they have done everything possible to keep their star man. It might also be a negotiating tactic over the terms of payment.

As ever, letā€™s see.

2 Likes

I, like everyone here, knows fuck all.
You can only go on what people are saying and discuss thatā€¦its a forum after all

you are not really discussing anything though

And, heā€™s already got our eggs in his basket, so thatā€™s a tortilla right there.

2 Likes

Is anyone?
Im just discussing the fact he seems like a homeboy so it is a bit odd weve gone for him.

Plus Socidad are in CL this seasonā€¦

So, can this thread be closed, or is there still a chance we sign this boy?

(Finger above the Close Topic button)

Youā€™re making me hungryā€¦ Now for some korma to go with it.

1 Like

We will see your Spanish cuisineā€¦ and raise you with this

3 Likes

As long as nobody writes that we have ended our interest, or the player definitely says that he is staying in Spain, it is probably still on.

3 Likes

3 Likes

You mean like we ended our interest in Virgil, or Balotelli was definitely staying with us?

2 Likes

Jesus we werenā€™t linked to anyone 3 days ago. Im surprised you dont have an ACL tear with the knee jerking.

3 Likes

They are not in CL.

I was about to post a similar thing. We saw a similar thing with Gordon earlier in the summer. Clubs are very aware of the need to manage their volatile fanbases and make it clear that players leave despite trying everything to keep them.

Although Iā€™d love to see that PowerPoint. I bet itā€™s epic.

ā€œSit down there lad. So as you can see from this slide, and might not have thought about this, there is a lot of rain in Liverpool. Any questions?ā€

If I was the lad Iā€™d be fucking insulted that they seem to think I donā€™t know how to look what the weather is like somewhere else.

Iā€™ll file this as ā€˜never happenedā€™ and itā€™s all fan management.

1 Like

Fuck. I had memory-holed the fact that Balotelli ever played for us.

3 Likes

San SebastiƔn gets the most rainfall of almost anywhere in Spain. The rainiest months are from October to January, especially November and December. The city receives an average of 59 inches of rainfall per year.

Rainfall in Liverpool amounts to 835 millimeters (32.9 inches) per year: so, it is at an intermediate level. It ranges from 55 mm (2.2 in) in the driest months (February, April, May) to 95 mm (3.7 in) in the wettest one (October).

1 Like