Martin Zubimendi (DM) Real Sociedad

Zubi better join us. I dread being labelled alongside a very noted member (that will remain unnamed) w r.t his player thread creation record.

4 Likes

Donā€™t fear. I would never hold you to that in a gazillion years.

2 Likes

Should we be making Star Trek references for a guy that we want to have wearing a red shirt?

1 Like

Ordinarilly I would be concerned at that sort of rumour. But with Edwards back at the helm, Madrid to be insolvent and wound up by a Spanish court 3 years later would be rightfully hilarious to see.

Normally when Joyce tweets within a few hours theres a follow up tweet saying fee agreed, player on way for medicalā€¦this hasnt happened here so it looks like the player isnt sure.
The release clause is Ā£51m which is nothing for us so it cant be down to payment structure or fee.

Perhaps he is convinced and weā€™re just trying to work out a way not to have to pay the release fee in one go.

Maybe this is all just media play to let Sociedad and the player look good to their fans.

Maybe he just wants to take some time to make a hugely significant decision about where heā€™ll live and ay for the next few years.

Lots of reasons it hasnā€™t been wrapped up within 48 hours of the first reports about it. It wouldnā€™t be unusual.

Ā£51m in a single payment is a lot to anyone. Usually what happens in these situations is that we agree to pay a little extra in return for paying in installments.

1 Like

Clubs can sign three to four players using that 51m upfront.

The other way around it , which Liverpool has used before is to get external finance agencies to forward that buy out clause money to Sociedad.

Liverpool would then have freedom to approach other players as well.

1 Like

Lest we forget, this isnā€™t an Edwards transfer negotiation, itā€™s a Hughes transfer negotiation. Hughes is the front man now, so itā€™s a big test for him. Itā€™s a pity that his first important transfer is turning out to be such a difficult one. Hopefully thereā€™s a backup plan.

Edwards would still be very much involved in this.

Not directly. Not F2F. I mean thatā€™s what Hughes was hired to do surely. Edwards might have a watching brief from the USA or UK or wherever, but he wonā€™t be in the room with the guy.

In three years Stefan Bajcetic will be 22.

4 Likes

Mikel Recalde is the best journalist for Real Sociedad news. The clubā€™s supporters trust and believe him a lot.

ā€œThere is not much new. The main news is that the player has been included in the squad for the last friendly that Real will play in Berlin before the start of the season,ā€ the journalist told DaveOCKOP.

ā€œThe ball is in MartĆ­nā€™s court, who is going to decide his future.

ā€œThere was a lot of pessimism at the club yesterday when the news broke. In the last few hours, some hope has been regained, but it is difficult for Real. Liverpool has come a long way during these last two weeks in conversations with MartĆ­n and his people.

ā€œMe? My opinion is he IS going to leave.ā€

ā€œThis is more opinion than information, my feeling, unfortunately, is that MartĆ­n is closer to leaving than staying in Real, even though he still has a lot of doubts. Itā€™d be a big surprise if he stayed at home.ā€

[DaveOCKOP]

2 Likes

Roughly a year ago I was going on holiday. When I was waiting for the Eurostar, news broke we were signing Caicedo. When I arrived in the Netherlands it had all fallen through.

Iā€™m going holiday tomorrow. Sorry lads, but I predict this will have collapsed by Sunday morning.

4 Likes

The delay could also be because the lad wants to play one last time for the club in this friendly

On this day last year was my 40th birthday. I was in Lisbon with the wife when my phone blew up that we were signing Moises. I got pretty excited by my bday present. Got hammered or wine and portā€¦woke up next day and it had fallen apart :sweat_smile:

Only camping this year for my bdayā€¦see what happens

2 Likes

Heā€™s coming to Berlin, so Iā€™ll just nip down to Kƶpenick and have a chat about annual precipitation levels with him.
Any other messages I should pass on?

5 Likes

Just cancel the holiday then you selfish bastard

15 Likes

Tell him about how good the black pudding is in Lancashire

5 Likes