Martin Zubimendi (DM) Real Sociedad

risk injury before a medical?

I don’t think it is much of a risk. He is only 25 and should be in good health. His club if resigned to losing him won’t want to see him injured, nor if they want to keep him.

On the plus side, a run out will help bring him closer to the fitness levels Arne will want from him.

3 Likes

The interesting point about our recent transfers are that they usually come out of nowhere and are done and dusted ASAP. This one suits the out of nowhere category.

You’re forgetting that there is usually little or no media speculation before the signings are actually done, whereas there has been far too much of it around this one.

1 Like

I think this is true in some cases but equally there are others that have been trailed in advance or take time to get over the line that tend to get forgotten about.

1 Like

You’re doing this wrong, you’re supposed to PANIC!

3 Likes

More for it being around his mates for a last time etc. He has no need to perform in a blood and thunder manner, more a kick-about and the camaraderie one last chance.
You could be right though, it is a risk… of sorts

2 Likes

Stay off the wine and port. But if you must drink wine, make sure it’s Rioja.

3 Likes

Biggest myth surrounding this club. Once or twice things have gone from nothing to first reliable report to done in a matter of a few days.

Even one like Szoboszlai which seems quick and out of nowhere was nearly a week from first reliable report to a deal actually being announced as done and in that case we just paid his release clause.

This is day four since our interest in Zubimendi broke and people are worried about how long it’s taking and how much chat there is around it.

4 Likes

it still baffles me that Romano is actually a real person

https://x.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/1821830845491032070

3 Likes

Hes paid per tweet - no wonder hes posts half a ton of shit re transfers

2 Likes

471 replies for a player I’ve never heard of ( yeah my own fault blah blah ).

Proper slow transfer market

2 Likes

I listened to Gary Lineker interview him. He came across as quite an affable chap but he knew jack shit about the football business.

2 Likes

TAW have taken this down as a lot of the replies were saying why were they posting a video from a fraud!

1 Like

Fair play to him. He obviously has a couple of connections then has probably made a fortune from turning these into a whole charade for suckers on X

1 Like

Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

1 Like

Yeah, I think he has people who tip him off when an announcement is about to be made, but I was rather hoping he would have a bit more information about how the whole thing operates.

TBH, I can get a good idea anyway in terms of how these stories drip out. Agents, clubs, players or whoever will try to play the media to their own advantage.

Are there any decent books about the whole transfer business, or an autobiography? It is interesting to watch but I get the impression that the fans are treated as part of the charade.

1 Like

Do what I’m doing…

Scratch that itch.

dog-doggy

3 Likes

We’re into the cryptic emoji phase…

https://x.com/Plettigoal/status/1821861942081851729

1 Like

Romano is a tool used by the player’s agents.

1 Like