Martin Zubimendi (DM) Real Sociedad

Got to thinking of the why’s and why not’s re the delay in all of this. It could be true the lad is taking his time to decide, and it might be for the one reason no-one has mentioned as yet… The main concern for the lad, could well be the concern about whether Arne Slot is actually any good…! LFC, the facilities and the fans are a given… track record, and history history history in abundance is there for all to see - Arne Slot though, has become a large cog in this efficient winning machine.
If the lad signs a 3yr contract, these will be his prime years as a footballer… is he going to risk them on an unknown quantity, someone who has not got, or ever had, a winning format guarantee on his CV.
Only time will tell if he signs or not, but up to now, there is a reluctance, or a delay that is caused by other factors…!
Signing a young coach/manager full of energy and potential, obviously has to come with trade-off/s… One of them being, until he starts tearing trees up with the invincible team he assembles, there may be a reluctance for certain players to take the first leap.

1 Like

Whether this particular lad signs is irrelevant - its less than 5 days until season starts and we have done nothing in the window and it looks like nothing re Mo, Virg and TAAs new deals - Virg said yesterday he has heard nothing re new deal.

Of course we cant see what goes on behind the scenes but this is really frustrating - at the moment we just seem to be pushing all the kids who did so well last season out the door.

Re this deal - we must have encourage from him but why is this dragging on? Does it really take 5 days to decide if you want to join a club? If he has already said yes then just pay the release clause. Weve just made £7.5-£9m from Solanke and £20M from Carvalho so thats half of it right there. f it does take him this long then surely our scouts wouldve known this lad will be hard to get (Bayern and Arsenal have also failed) so shouldve started talking to him a lot earlier.

Im not feeling great today and this blokes winding me up hahaha

Well, you might feel a bit better if you didn’t spend so much time worrying about things that you have no control over.
We may get him, we may not, but you getting yourself in a lather won’t make the slightest difference to the outcome.

7 Likes

Im not in a lather about him but about our lack of signings in general

2 Likes

id imagine yes…yes it would…

hes not a random fan, hes a professional footballer making probably the most important decision in his career to date…

5 Likes

Still applies.

exactly this… its like Hughes hit pause and is waiting for this dude. we have other areas that need attention

i am at the point were i jus want the saga over with. Come or dont come, it is what it is. Dude has psyched me out.

Zubi zubi doo, where are you?
You’ve got a decision to make now.
Zubi zubi doo, where are you?
We need you to fucking hurry up and make your mind up like. What the fuck’s taking so long you silly prick.

5 Likes

Less than a week is not a saga, this is insane. Chill out.

9 Likes

If it’s become a saga, that’s only because you and Walshy keep posting about it

8 Likes

This is TAN.

8 Likes

Everything was done 4 days ago. Now just PR stuff :sneezing_face:

1 Like

I’d imagine negotiations have been going on for considerably longer than that.

can’t, I jus can’t… its too much…
I Cant Breathe Out Of Shape GIF by BLoafX|100%x100%

1 Like

Less than a week since news broke and people are talking of this as a ‘saga’ and ‘dragging on’.

His mate Merino has been on the cusp of signing for Arsenal for about a month. Sociedad made all the same noises around him too and yet everyone seems to think it’ll happen still.

I’d have liked this sewn up earlier in the summer but given he’s only just back training with Sociedad it’s unlikely he’d have been in line to be starting for us the first couple weeks of the season anyway.

What is a little concerning is whispers of any other signings have also dried up.

5 Likes

This!!

The song when he goes missing during games?

2 Likes

I think they want to keep one of them. Our advantage is Zubimendi’s release clause is much more reasonable than Merino’s.

Zubi could have a one pound release clause and it wouldn’t mean a thing if he doesn’t want to come.

2 Likes