Martin Zubimendi (DM) Real Sociedad

Joyce in on the action with another update

1 Like

Nice thought in principle but it really doesn’t happen that way as often as people think.

Let’s hope it’s true but I suspect if we were going to be getting another centre back or a right winger then there would have been more on this already.

Yep. Not sure how to interpret it but sounds positive, no? Or doesn’t sound like anything at all.

Wednesday deadline is bogus though, per Joyce.

1 Like

Joyce

What does that even mean? He has to ask us to trigger the clause?

No pay off to him from Real I should imagine -
Besides, it keeps the club on friendly terms with their fanbase

I think that is basically how these fees work in Spain, the player has to ‘pay’ the clause, in practice players just get the money from the buying club to do so afaik

3 Likes

Certainly doesn’t sound like a player they are trying their best to keep onside.

Evidently seems that he has told them his decision.

2 Likes

Sociedad have told Zubimendi that he must pay the clause, which equates to €60million, himself at the La Liga offices in Madrid. [

@_pauljoyce

i have unzipped…

1 Like

BREAKING: Real Sociedad have cranked up the pressure on Liverpool’s target Martín Zubimendi by telling him he must trigger his own £51million release clause from his boyhood club. [

@_pauljoyce

1 Like

Release clauses that are legally required in Spain allow for the player to pay the club the stated fee to break the contract. Obviously the actual money for that comes from the buying club, but it legally has to pass through the player so there are tax implications that significantly increase the cost to the buying club relative to the stated fee. That is a big part of why clubs are always so reluctant to just “pay the release clause” as we will have to cover the fee plus the massively increased income tax burden the player has from increasing their taxable income that year by 50m

6 Likes

Yes, bearing in mind that none of us really know what is going on, if we’re at the stage where the club are asking him to trigger the release clause, you have to conclude that he’s expressed a desire to leave.

2 Likes

NEW: Liverpool believed Zubimendi was convinced his future lay on Merseyside. [
@_pauljoyce

2 Likes

Why is that in past tense? Can you please provide a present tense version.

1 Like

New: Liverpool believe Zubimendi is convinced his future lies on Merseyside - Joyce

3 Likes

Zubimendi becomes Zubimendu in present tense

5 Likes

While it is understood that there has been no ultimatum of that nature issued from the Anfield hierarchy, there is an acceptance from the player’s side as well as at Liverpool that the present situation cannot carry on indefinitely. [

@_pauljoyce

1 Like

Howling! I think you are messing with me.

2 Likes

Can the player pay the release fee in 1 euro cent coins?

2 Likes

Breaking- Zubi has arrived at La Liga offices

3 Likes