Martin Zubimendi (DM) Real Sociedad

That’s when he kisses them better afterwards.

1 Like

If he’s that big on his Basque identity then Real would be a big no no. It shouldn’t preclude a move to Barca though.

I don’t think so. Conventional wisdom is that he is only still at Sociedad despite generating interest from big teams every window for 3 years, because Barca have made clear they want him (but cannot afford him yet) and so he’s been holding out for that move.

1 Like

Don’t most commentators do that anyway? :thinking:

1 Like

rumour is he is waiting for a barca move next summer

@GraemeBailey

: Liverpool are pursuing Martin Zubimendi after receiving encouragement. Intermediaries made initial contact as Liverpool became aware of a possible move with Richard Hughes working on deal. Arsenal failed to convince Zubimendi earlier this summer.

4 Likes

Source?

Again, source?

It is though.

Suggestions we loan and sell players the season is potentially larger than ever. However UEFA expects it to play out the league format will also lead to an awful load of dead rubbers and then there is injuries.

If a player is surplus to requirements by Jan so be it. Players are also in an out of form.

You’d have flogged Macca and kept Dom the first six months and then that flipped.

1 Like
1 Like

Why haven’t we signed him yet? It’s been over 2 hours since the news broke, this isn’t acceptable.

2 Likes

It literally says in the article that he handed in a transfer request.

Except here in England we drive on the left side…

Now off ya pop and come back when you have some proper news.

2 Likes

How come I have never heard of him if he is so good? :thinking:

2 Likes

You are Columbo and I claim my five pounds.

2 Likes

Cos he doesn’t play for us? Actually, he replaced Rodri in the second half of the Euro finals so I’m guessing that you have definitely seen him play.

2 Likes

That is after Rafa made known his preferences.

It’s well-known that Rafa soured that relationship after getting annoyed with Xabi for missing a CL match to attend the birth of his child. Rafa tried to sell him (unsuccessfully) that summer to bring in Gareth Barry of all people. Xabi stayed that season but by then everyone was expecting him to leave as soon as he got an attractive offer somewhere.

2 Likes

Hope his injury record is better than the last Spanish midfielder who played for us. In a similar position too.

Reported.

6 Likes

You forgot Zubi

1 Like