Mason Mount (Chelsea FC) CM/AM/LW

Seemed too much about him to be the rumour we usually sign.

Personally feel he has transgressed over the last season. I don’t think I’ll regret we didn’t sign him in years to come.

2 Likes

Don’t think we were ever in for him

2 Likes

Me too

Just as we have done with Mount… lets bin this thread :0)

I think we were going to get Nunes then Mount became available and we switched our attention to him. When he was non committal we fucked him off and got Mac Allister.

Think I would rather have had Mount but will be very happy to be proved wrong…looking at the Brighton forum quite a few saying they don’t think Mac is a good fit for us as he isn’t quick and not a great tackler… maybe sour grapes but it’s up to the lad now. Neither is Henerderson of course and he was panned for it in the CHAD days but look what he has achieved…

1 Like

@Limiescouse made the point recently that Gini wasnt either but was somewhat invaluable because he plugged gaps that made it harder for teams to play through us.

1 Like

Yeah, Virgil’s raw tackle stats are shit. Stat’s can be really instructive, but the simple ones we generally have access to are not those.

2 Likes

Why is this thread still open?

1 Like

So we can say how much better our signings are :rofl:

1 Like

Well past time to let this one go!

It isn’t even letting it go, about 90% of the forum weren’t really interested anyhow.

1 Like

And now any legitimate indifference to him signing for utd will be met with accusations of sour grapes.

If we had signed no one and saw Man Utd snapping him up you could make that argument but it wouldn’t surprise me if we’ve signed another by the time they finally complete this signing.

They always take about 2 months it’s probably because they tell everyone who they want to sign and then try and cheapskate it.

6 Likes

BREAKING: Chelsea have “immediately rejected” Manchester United’s opening bid for Mason Mount, thought to be worth £40m.

Apparently they want £70m PLUS add-ons (reminder, Mount is out of contract in 12 months’ time).

Any wonder we went for £35m Mac Allister instead? :joy:

I’m in favour of keeping this thread open as it’s another way for us to laugh at United…

2 Likes

I imagine Chelsea will hope to keep Mount and hope that Poch can persuade him to stay. They wouldn’t want to lose their best youth product.

Why not? They sold all the other ones.

1 Like

Chelsea are in desperate need of sales though after throwing ridiculous amounts of money at anything that moves last season (was it like half a billion?). Someone has sent a memo to Boehly that there is a thing called FFP.

The good thing in this is they will look to squeeze as much juice out of each transfer they make, and everyone who does deals with them is going to be looking at nonsensical expectations.

The bad thing is they will still need to sell those players and recoup the money so they can go and get their Caicedos and what have yous.

Fingers crossed they drag this show as long as they can and none of their new players, or the clubs who are buying their players get a proper preseason.

2 Likes

Is there? PL and UEFA must have missed that memo too

6 Likes