Match Thread | Liverpool vs Brighton | Sunday March 31st 14:00h

He’d do himself even more proud if they beat the Arse next week.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/james79rigby/status/1774557213920522610

14 Likes

https://twitter.com/AnfieldSector/status/1774556318226870648

8 Likes

He is that full of shit he shouldn’t feel pain anyway!

Apparently we committed 20 fouls while Brighton committed 6, despite possession being 55%-45%.
We’re such a fucking dirty team.

2 Likes

We’re such experts at fouling we can do no-touch fouls.
Brilliant!

2 Likes

We’re so good at fouling we can even give penalties away in games we aren’t playing.

1 Like

I meant to ask this yesterday (maybe more one for the ref thread) but after the Diaz goal was ruled offside, the ball was awarded as a free kick to Brighton.

However, this was a result of play being waved on after Nunez was fouled. That resulted in a yellow card but play was waved on as advantage to us resulting in the Diaz shot. Now should play have been pulled back and a free kick awarded for the original foul as advantage did not materialise?

3 Likes

Yeah, I thought that at the time. Don’t know the rule that well though.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, neither do the referees.

5 Likes

Watched the game this morning with the lad. Promised him I’d wait, as we’ve got into the habit of watching games together. He’s only eight and desperately wants to be Alisson Becker. I’ve seen him pull off some incredible saves for his team, but I don’t think I’ve ever been as proud as when he confidently declared late in the game that ‘it was a good yellow for Endo to take’. Is fucking right, son. :joy:

On to the game. Disappointing early goal, again. We have to sort that shit out, we really do. But I always felt we’d have too much. When we got the second I fully expected we then go three and four. Felt a bit disappointed that we then didn’t close down the game. It turned into a very nervy last ten, much more than it needed to be. Our game intelligence went out the window.

Mac Allister best player by a country mile. But I would have Salah next. He was not his usual self in front of goal, but he is just a joyous footballer to watch.

12 Likes

Where’s Mark Clattenburg to make a big deal about a referee giving the ball to the wrong team?

5 Likes

Don’t worry Coote didn’t know the rules either in fact many times he made them up as he went along!

3 Likes

Oddly, one of my favourite moments from that match was sort of trivial. Quansah was being harried making a play to clear the ball, arm being held (Adingra I think?), makes the play cleanly, and just shrugs off the hold with sort of a ‘get the fuck off me’ action instead of a real push, Brighton player staggers back, Quansah just moves up to join the play not bothered in the least.

He is just 21, and inside a season he is starting to play like a PL mainstay centre back.

11 Likes

If a young player is on the team sheet and it doesn’t bat an eyelid you know you’ve got a talent.

3 Likes

There is a clause that the attacking team should not be given 2 chances to score - you cannot miss your shot and then ask to come back for the free kick.

They will spin this around as some application of that guidance, even though Diaz was not able to legally score from where he received the ball.

:joy:
https://x.com/SalahWorld11/status/1774842164746256513?s=20

2 Likes

https://x.com/Matthew3028/status/1774774202467319829?s=20

I guess because we won, but the total lack of fucks given about this not being given is making my mind melt. Dunk stuck his leg out to try to poke the ball, got beaten and then took Mo out with his outstretched leg. Where the fuck else was Mo supposed to go?

I don’t even understand the argument for how this isn’t a foul.

6 Likes

Thats a problem.
Winning matches in some way negates bad decisions…It makes zero sense to me, because a blatant penalty isn’t given in the match. Maybe one more goal nearer to Arsenals GD.

As you say, we won. It makes no difference to the points total. But its still another statistic of non decisions after fouls on Mo Salah

1 Like

We’ve been conditioned to expect it. Mo goes down in the box - not a penalty. That’s the default position.

4 Likes