Mohamed SALAH: 2023/24

My gut feeling with Mo is that he in happy at Liverpool, and therefore when signing his last contract he was signing it with a view of playing the length of the contract. If he was only interested in CL football, he would have agitated for that move last summer. Maybe failure to finish in the top 4 would mean he does agitate next summer.

He said, upon signing his last contract, that he would love to see his career out here. If we have a good season this year, securing CL football, maybe a title challenge, and a cup, I donā€™t see why he would want to leave in the coming summer, and could see him extending once more if Liverpool 2.0ā€™s promise really starts to materialise.

7 Likes

I think the sudden injection of youth and quality around him has energised Mo to reach higher levels. Heā€™s been magnificent this season!

5 Likes

ā€œMo doesnā€™t behave like (heā€™s 31),ā€ said Klopp. ā€œOff the pitch he behaves like a grown man, beyond that he is still a young player. He is so fit I think if we were to scan him the majority of the bones are aged 19 or 20! He just keeps himself in such good shape.

ā€œIt is to do with game understanding. That is what we try to give young players. They all know an awful lot about football when they finish their careers at the age of 35, but the earlier in their career you get this information the more useful they are.

ā€œObviously with Mo it is clear he understands the spaces much better. He knows how players react around him and then if he cannot score, he can still be a threat for us. That is super important. I cannot compare Mo to other players in their thirties because I donā€™t think biologically he is!ā€

Klopp doesnā€™t say anything without a reason. I wonder if heā€™s hinting at the possibility of a contract extension. That said, the first time he hits a rough patch, half of the social media fanbase will be lamenting the fact we didnā€™t take 150 millions from Saudis.

5 Likes

Eddie Murphy Whatever GIF by Coming to America

3 Likes

How!..how!..how the hell is this man only 11th on the Ballon dā€™or listā€¦this award is obviously a fixā€¦itā€™s Messiā€¦for reasons unbeknown to usā€¦Mo should be st least 3rd or 2ndā€¦I my eyes heā€™s No.1ā€¦but Iā€™m a Liverpool supporter and a grandmaā€¦so praps a) Iā€™m biased and b) donā€™t know much about footballā€¦pls pls pls not Barry Belugaā€¦

5 Likes

Messi will win it for the World Cup then thankfully we wonā€™t have to listen to the Messi v Ronaldo bullshit again

5 Likes

Chris Suttonā€¦ has anyone made such an impact in PLā€¦Beluga :scream::scream::scream::scream: how many times have you seen him sprint up an down the pitch???

3 Likes

Messi will win it even when he is in his coffin postumesly what a joke of an award ceremony what has Mbappe won apart from the Ligue 1 Salah plays IN THE TOUGHEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD. I hope no player nor manager from LFC has bothered attending this sham of an event

6 Likes

Itā€™s just bollocks anyhow.

6 Likes

Good news is that Ronaldo and Messi will never get close to win it again.

It will be between Haaland and Jude next year.

For Salah to be in the Top 5 next year we would have to win at least PL, EL and one domestic cup.

2 Likes

By and large all awards ceremonies are bollocks. Many of them are just promotional tools: the Oscars is a great example of that. Many others are intended to give reflected glory to the donor rather than the recipient.

There are a few worth having. I think youā€™ll find that the Nobel prizes come with a not inconsiderable wad of cash.

2 Likes

How much did you get RW?

I never realised that they got anything other than the medal until I was at a seminar with Jocelyn Bell, the astronomer, who was controversially overlooked for the physics Nobel prize for discovering pulsars.

She said that she didnā€™t mind about missing out but someone in the audience pointed out that it was a share of $1million!

Must point out that I was only in the audience. It was our local astronomy club and I donā€™t think they needed to hear about my views on wooly jumpers for stargazing again.

2 Likes

So itā€™s like the lottery then? If a thousand people win you end up with peanuts.
Just another swizz to add to the list!

2 Likes

Seeing the word ā€œpeanutsā€ made me think of this:

As you were.

2 Likes

Five Man City players in the top 10! Rodri and Alvarez finished ahead of Salah, who was eleventh.

1 Like

She was born just down the road from me and went to my school (a long time before me)

Haaland is a fantastic finisher but a so so footballer. Bellingham will wint it the coming years unless a lot of brown envelops find their way towards the right people ā€¦

You might have a claim on her one million dollar pulsar prize win that she never received!